Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 22:17   #1
I am Banned

Two important meetings coming up

FIRST :- On Monday 5th June at 7.00 in the Sports Bar a meeting for anyone interested in helping the Accrington Stanley Exhibition project along.

I do know that all ideas on the subject which have been posted on this forum have been noted , and that the suggested names have all been listed for consideration . (Yes, really!)

Please bear in mind that you do not have to be a Member of the Supporters' Club to participate in this project. You just have to care about the history of our wonderful Football Club and about passing on this unique heritage to others - particularly younger citizens and others who were not here in the Sixties or earlier.

Gayle Knight and Bill Nuttall (who are the main protagonists of our bid to secure Lottery Funding for this worthwhile scheme) deserve all the help that they can get , but they can not do it without a lot more support than they're getting at the moment.

Please get there if at all possible.

SECOND :- Supporters' Club Meeting on Monday 12th, usual time, usual place. New Secretary and Membership Secretary required for the start of the new season, so please make the effort.

Last edited by Henry Morton; 01-06-2006 at 22:33.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2006, 13:49   #2

Re: Two important meetings coming up

Henry,
Due to other commitments I won't be able to make it to the sup club meet, could you please put forward the following on my behalf.

1/ The agm is normally October if my memory serves me right, it should be brought forward to may or june so that all officials can be elected before the start of the following season. this would help with setting up the new seasons membership cards/badges etc.
2/ as soon as fixtures are available bookings for social events for the 12 month period should be booked in advance, so that we can hold celebrations etc without conflicting with others.
3/ I will pm this as it could be a bit contraversial.
Old 03-06-2006, 16:47   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton
SECOND :- Supporters' Club Meeting on Monday 12th, usual time, usual place. New Secretary and Membership Secretary required .
Wouldnt that be membership secretary, secretary and vice chair as kate has also left.. so 3 positions up for grabs
Old 03-06-2006, 16:52   #4

AH!!
3 positions up for grabs, Didn't know that Kipax

the next meeting should definatly be made an AGM then should it not?
Old 03-06-2006, 18:28   #5
God Member

Guys, I dont think Henry was aware of Kates decision...........could be wrong tho!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 19:21   #6
God Member

Its not a secret.. if he aint aware then he should be.... Kate asked me to remove her details from the website so she obviously isnt keeping it a secret... But henry should be doing thata s he runs it..
Old 03-06-2006, 21:59   #7
I am Banned

Kate has not asked me to remove her details, although I'm well aware of her decision.

What I will say, though, is that the Supporters' Club can ill afford to lose such talented people as Kate who has been an excellent Vice Chair and
has the ability to think clearly and incisively through problems.

We discussed the business of timing of the appointment of new officers at the last Meeting, so Bottletop's idea is definitely part of our thinking. I brought my own resignations forward for that very reason, in the hope that new people could be in place for the start of our first League Two season.

Last edited by Henry Morton; 03-06-2006 at 22:01.
Old 03-06-2006, 22:07   #8
God Member

Kate asked me to do it over the phone.. However she probably didn't realise its you who edits the pages not me and I wasn't thinking quick enough at the time.. She wants them removing so if ya could
Old 03-06-2006, 22:14   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Kate asked me to do it over the phone.. However she probably didn't realise its you who edits the pages not me and I wasn't thinking quick enough at the time.. She wants them removing so if ya could
Thanks, Kipax. I'll do that now. I hope that she'll reconsider though , 'cos we need her.

Come to the June 12th Meeting and vote her back in whether she likes it or not. . .
Old 06-06-2006, 17:50   #10

Talking Re: Two important meetings coming up

I know its probably a bit too late now but how about : Accrington Stanley - Industry and Prudence Conquered

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 00:35   #11

I didn't know you had resigned Kate, that's a shame. I thought you were really good, girl power and all that. Best of luck Kate and see you on the 17th
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 19:46   #12
I am Banned

The name of the Accrington Stanley Exhibition Project has been agreed, and I'm sure that there will be popular approval that it is -

The Club That Wouldn't Die : An Exhibition of Accrington Stanley's History and Memorabilia

Thank you to Gayle Knight, Bazf and Wynonie Harris for their contribution to the successful name. Also, many thanks to everyone else who took the trouble to put ideas forward.

More info soon . . .
Old 09-06-2006, 21:26   #13
Senior Member+

Hey, that was commissioned by yours truly & tis copyrighted, please make all cheques payable to Jase c/o drink tokens for summer

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2006, 10:12   #14
God Member

ooops it was yesterday

so what happened?
Old 14-06-2006, 09:40   #15

ooops it was day before yesterday

So what happened?

any answers to the things I put forward Henry?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..