Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2009, 16:06   #16
God Member

Re: v Bury

forgot to say Burton coming up to league 2 with

Cambridge, Histon, Torquay and Stevenage in the play offs

Hoping for Cambridge myself

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2009, 16:12   #17
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device. Gutted what mayhem! Shame we played very well only until that last 10 mins of the game - gutted.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 16:47   #18

A game of two penaltys,we missed ours they didnt. A really good atmosphere from our fans,ran out of pies,lovely weather wrong result, roll on next season
PS Liz looked stunning
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 17:15   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
So Chester and Luton relegated

Brentford, Exeter and Wycombe promoted with

Bury, Gillingham, Rochdale and Shrewsbury in the play offs

Northampton, Crewe, Cheltenham and and big welcome back to Hereford who have all been relegated from league 1

Just glad Brighton stayed up ... that would have been a treck on a Tuesday night in December !!!!!!! I hope Gillingham go up in the play offs so we can keep the Derby games with Bury and Rochfail.I know it sounds bad but i was thinking of the gate revenue and hard cash both clubs bring to Stanley.
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 19:03   #20
God Member

Another great away day

some great fancy dress costumes which added to the carnival like atmosphere created by the away support.

We outplayed Bury for large portions of the game and deserved nothing less than a draw out of the game, unfortunately it was not to be but once again we can match most teams in this league and next season bodes well, if we can play like we have over the past season and just gain perhaps a little more consistency in front of goal, the good times will roll
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 20:04   #21
Super Moderator

Totally agree, Google Page Ranking, but that seems to have been the story of our season in so many matches...play really well and not get our just rewards for it. Kenny was superb, as ever...we MUST keep him for next season!
Old 02-05-2009, 20:08   #22
Senior Member+

Includes player ratings

Bury 1 Accrington Stanley 0 (From Bury Times)

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 20:29   #23
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd.Div.North View Post
Cav misses penalty as well.
How many bets were riding on this result then!!!
Why on earth did Cav take the penalty. Disgraceful decision, get rid of him now - he is a liability. We will now have to suffer the comments of "How much did they bet on Stanley to lose this time". I for one hope we get rid of the trouble makers in the close season, Cav, Rocky, Dunbavin and Grant and hope we get some positive publicity next season.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 21:31   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Why on earth did Cav take the penalty. Disgraceful decision, get rid of him now - he is a liability.
For God's sake Jeff get a grip.
Why did Cavanagh take it? Maybe it was something to do with the rest of the players shirking away from the spot. Andy Procter seemed to shrink four feet and don a fake 'tache & specs as soon as the whistle was blown. The captain did his duty, sucked it up, and was unlucky to hit the shot - what - around four inches too high?

Only Kenny Arthur and Phil Edwards played to a high standard today - which is (absurdly) average for them. Cavanagh was no better or worse than any of the other outfield players. He's far from a liability.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 22:01   #25
Junior Member+

Just got back from Bury and definitely thought Bury were fortunate to win. However regarding Cav and Rocky I will be very surprised if they are still here next season. I have just read the article in the Independent from 24th April and it makes for very grim reading, and as for Coleys statement that the charges are not about match fixing when he must know that match fixing is virtually impossible to prove i think this was a very strange statement to make and i am worried that there is still much more to emerge from this investigation.

Last edited by george ivan; 02-05-2009 at 22:08.
george ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 22:02   #26
Senior Member+

Cav was very brave to step up for the penalty today! Infront of a big crowd, massive pressure on his shoulders due to the betting scandal and from players missing penaltys this season, and he took that upon himself to take the penalty, if another player would of stepped up and missed everyone would be saying the same why did he take it blah blah! Well done to cav for having the balls to take it, shame he missed had he scored he would of been a hero just like any other player had they taken it and scored. Great atmosphere by the fans today, and i thought that banner to coley was well thought and brillaint towards coley
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 22:06   #27
Junior Member+

[QUOTE=george ivan;710478]Just got back from Bury and definitely thought Bury were fortunate to win. However regarding Cav and Rocky I will be very surprised if they are still here next season. I have just read the article in the Independent from 24th April and it makes for very grim reading, and as for Coleys statement that the charges are not about match fixing (when he must know that match fixing is virtually impossible to prove) i think this was a very strange statement to make and i am worried that there is still much more to emerge from this investigation.

Last edited by george ivan; 02-05-2009 at 22:11.
george ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:11   #28
Super Moderator

Can I just say as a non-football aside, the fancy dress was great. Some brilliant costumes on display, especially Liz's.

Been said so many times on here, it's become a cliche...we may not be great in numbers, but we've the best set of fans in the world. Looking forward to next season already!
Old 03-05-2009, 10:00   #29
God Member

Absolutely agree Wynonie - brilliant day out, only spoiled by that animal Sodje, his 'tackle' on Bobby Grant was disgusting and yet, surprise surprise he didn't even get a talking to never mind a booking.
When the Bury fans invaded the pitch after their penalty went in they thought they'd achieved automatic promotion - it was funny to see it slowly filtering through that they were actually only in the play offs, would be even funnier if they were punished for the pre-whistle invasion with a points deduction
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:02   #30
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

DSC00015.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00012.jpg (502.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00014.jpg (493.1 KB, 19 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..