Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 13:00   #31
Senior Member+

Re: v Bury

What was funny was walking back to the coach yesterday two bury fans infront and one says do not forget about that letter about us and the shirt with no number or letters on it! Was given to charnock after he got blood on it. They where saying can get fined and other things for it. Well i hope they get fined for the pre pitch invasion and their manager aint happy as after the pitch raid the ref said they had 3mins left but he blow right away they seem to think they could of scored again.
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2009, 13:15   #32
God Member

Smile Re: v Bury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
What was funny was walking back to the coach yesterday two bury fans infront and one says do not forget about that letter about us and the shirt with no number or letters on it! Was given to charnock after he got blood on it. They where saying can get fined and other things for it. Well i hope they get fined for the pre pitch invasion and their manager aint happy as after the pitch raid the ref said they had 3mins left but he blow right away they seem to think they could of scored again.
Yes Bury could have scored again, but so could we I noticed yesterday, unless I got it wrong, but in the first 10/15 mins. I saw Charnock in their area, with his 29 shirt on, then later in the half it was just blank - never saw him change it ?? - Then second half it was back to 29 ??? Did not see him swap his top at all. Quite funny that he really is "The Man With No Name"

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 13:54   #33
Senior Member+

Superb Day !
The fans one again where bloody excellent and superb fancy dress and effort by everyone!
Thanks to Timmins for the well run coaches
Thanks to the Bury stewards who where relaxed about everything really , like going to the front and standing up etc.
However , get some new food providers you rip offs. Getting pies from morrisons for under 80p and selling them for £2.50!
Cant wait till next season

Last edited by fc:stanley; 03-05-2009 at 13:56.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 15:46   #34

A great day out had by all :-) And a fab turn out in Fancy Dress - got to be the biggest turn out we're had ! Pics from my Facebook page here: Liz N Guy's Photos - Bury Away - Fancy Dress! Sat 2 May 09 | Facebook
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 16:49   #35
Senior Member+

Few pics i took.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0284.jpg (401.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0285.jpg (432.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0286.jpg (503.3 KB, 12 views)

Old 03-05-2009, 16:56   #36
God Member

What a great day out, anyone else still got a sore head 24 hours later

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 17:41   #37
God Member

Smile Re: v Bury

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Superb Day !
The fans one again where bloody excellent and superb fancy dress and effort by everyone!
Thanks to Timmins for the well run coaches
Thanks to the Bury stewards who where relaxed about everything really , like going to the front and standing up etc.
However , get some new food providers you rip offs. Getting pies from morrisons for under 80p and selling them for £2.50!
Cant wait till next season
I cannot believe that you have any idea what went on in the ground yesterday MEGA SAUSAGE ROLLS INDEED

Great day out, just rubbish officials, but hey whats new ...

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 18:27   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I cannot believe that you have any idea what went on in the ground yesterday MEGA SAUSAGE ROLLS INDEED

Great day out, just rubbish officials, but hey whats new ...
Haha i was quite sober to just let you know Valairian , just because you wouldnt come and joing the conga
Haha yeh , them sausage rolls looked good and so i had to take the poster! She did say i could However i lost it and i hope the little kid that looked after it for me has now taken it home and put it in a safe place for next year

Old 03-05-2009, 21:16   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
What a great day out, anyone else still got a sore head 24 hours later
29 hours later - still rat arsed!

NO HOT FOOD -NO HOT FOOD - NO HOT FOOD - NO HOT FOOD

Charlatans.

top day out. thanks to JT for the coaches and thanks to the 383 Stanley who gave their all to outsing 7000 Mancs on their party day
Old 04-05-2009, 08:19   #40
Senior Member+

"There are parts of Manchester where prematurely ending a game of critical importance would guarantee the hairdryer treatment from the management. Fortunately for Andy D’Urso, the referee, Alan Knill, the Bury manager, delivered his reprimand through gritted teeth amid the post-match finger-wagging at Gigg Lane."

Alan Knill disappointed with referee after falling short | Football League - Times Online

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:31   #41
Senior Member+

Match highlights on Virgin Media: Virgin Media Sport | Football | League Two | Video Index
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:11   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Cheers for that, looks like gloryhunters don't have a clue, really funny.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:18   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
hahahaha thats what i thought aswell! When they all run on the players are like why? why? So funny

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:40   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Yeah, I thought the same. The players are waving their team-mates back up the pitch, but the 'fans' are on the pitch and stopping them from playing on. I wonder how many of them were regulars at Gigg Lane over the last few seasons?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:03   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

that clip clearly demonstrates the I.Q. of plastic mancs.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..