Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2010, 16:10   #91
God Member

Re: v darlington match thread

Still 14th & at least now have 4 points breathing space from two beneath us - trying to find positives -
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2010, 16:11   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Thanks for the updates Dan & Ben - hope the game on Tuesday's an improvement
i'm optimistic, can't be worse.
Old 10-04-2010, 19:00   #93
God Member

We've just got back, a pretty dire match to be honest.
But congratulations to the Darlo fans in Block 4, A good bit of old fashioned banter. The best entertainment of the match.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 19:04   #94
Resting in Peace

A welcome point from a game neither side really deserved to win. First half we were atrocious, with the defence seemingly under orders to hoof the ball as high in the air and as far as possible. Composure on the ball was completely lacking, with the notable exception of Jimmy Ryan who was just about our man of the match for me. At times Darlo briefly threatened with some quick forward interchanges and I half thought they were going to do a Grimsby on us. John Miles did make a big difference in the second half as at last we had a forward who could retain possession and make things happpen, and we should have had a couple of goals from 2 chances each for him and Bobby Grant, but again, the composure wasn't there. Thanks to Bavs for saving the day late on when their man was through on goal, looking odds on to score. No Turner again though - why do we not want to play our only man who can deliver a good, pacy cross? Incomprehensible.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 19:06   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Even though I do not rate him, still do not understand why McConville did not get 10 mins and we still had King on the bench??? Unless Coley just did not want to lose?? Roll on Tuesday night!!!
Tell you what Joe you would have more fun with a sausage roll at the moment than watching the Reds.

There is something seriously wrong at the moment!

Today was bloody awful, Jimmy Ryan tried his hardest but the lads a central midfielder not a ruddy winger, Miles tried to create when he came on.

A few others tried but in essence it was shabby, no cohesion back to lumping it forward first half, second half when they got it down they did threaten but too many players are flattering to decieve at the moment.

Maybe the sooner the season ends the Better on current form & ideas?

It's going to be a major surgery job over the Summer for the Reds both on & off the field

Maybe that's what is needed, it has been a long hard season with all the crap that went on earlier in the Season and maybe the shadow of some things are still casting doubts around the Crown Ground?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 19:10   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
A welcome point from a game neither side really deserved to win. First half we were atrocious, with the defence seemingly under orders to hoof the ball as high in the air and as far as possible. Composure on the ball was completely lacking, with the notable exception of Jimmy Ryan who was just about our man of the match for me. At times Darlo briefly threatened with some quick forward interchanges and I half thought they were going to do a Grimsby on us. John Miles did make a big difference in the second half as at last we had a forward who could retain possession and make things happpen, and we should have had a couple of goals from 2 chances each for him and Bobby Grant, but again, the composure wasn't there. Thanks to Bavs for saving the day late on when their man was through on goal, looking odds on to score. No Turner again though - why do we not want to play our only man who can deliver a good, pacy cross? Incomprehensible.
More to the point why not even on the Bench?

One of the few players we have who can produce genuine width and create havoc for defences with his pace/crosses but he dosn't get on the Bench but yet Murphy & McConville do

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 19:42   #97

Well said Pendle Red. A poor game today, hoofing the long ball forward we were outplayed Darlo occasionally using their wings well and played better football than us. No Pride No Passion and no players on the bench capable of change. Plus point of my day pie at half time.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 21:08   #98
God Member

Oh dear, Dan & Ben weren't exaggerating then - Coley needs to get to the bottom of what's wrong, obviously locking them in after Monday's game wasn't the answer (never thought it would be to be honest)
For whatever reason their confidence is seemingly shot to pieces, maybe it's the amount of games they've played & they're plain & simply knackered, will be a damn shame if the season peters out to nothing after all their hard work at the start.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 21:11   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Can he though accymad, is my question. the way i see things is the close season will demonstrate one way or the other, needs to forget the old pals act, weed out the chaff, n build where possible on the good things we got.

Last edited by cashman; 10-04-2010 at 21:19.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 21:34   #100
Senior Member+

is it a split camp? some players wanting to move onwards, others frustrated.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 21:43   #101
Super Moderator

Boring, boring, boring, same old boot it up in the air and hope for the best. A few chances in the second half, but they were squandered. The only team in Stanley shirts who performed were the Ultras who outsang the Darlo fans, while giving out plenty of banter.

The highlight of the day for me was a pint of Old Seadog with Phil Whalley on our way back to the station!
Old 10-04-2010, 22:06   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Boring, boring, boring, same old boot it up in the air and hope for the best. A few chances in the second half, but they were squandered. The only team in Stanley shirts who performed were the Ultras who outsang the Darlo fans, while giving out plenty of banter.

The highlight of the day for me was a pint of Old Seadog with Phil Whalley on our way back to the station!
Oh dear what happened to "Coleys" Pledge?
Old 10-04-2010, 22:13   #103
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Oh dear what happened to "Coleys" Pledge?
Don't know, as others have said, there seems to be something wrong, but no idea what.
Old 10-04-2010, 22:17   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Don't know, as others have said, there seems to be something wrong, but no idea what.
Lets hope tuesday the "Hoofing it" has gone n return to playing football, will be a tough match.
Old 10-04-2010, 22:29   #105
Resting in Peace

It has been mentioned here before that our players movement "off the ball" is very poor. The only options for our man in possession is to pass to a closely marked colleague or beat a man before releasing the ball, except that very few of our players have the confidence to take an opponent on. Too often it's a case of the big, hopeful punt, usually easily dealt with by the opposition's defenders. Is this down to lack of coaching, or just lack of confidence? Grimsby's quick "give and go" interchanges, with players creating angles which took our defenders out of the game, was a joy to watch (through gritted teeth). Why can we not seem to adopt this style of play?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..