Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2008, 17:03   #91
God Member

Re: vs Barnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
According to my maths you are now mathematically safe because of Dagenhams defeat. Dagenham play Mansfield last match so can't both get enough points to overatake Stanley
According to my maths if Stanley lose their last two games and Mansfield win their last two, Mansfield will then be level on points, Stanley would then be relegated due to their inferior goal difference. If Dagenham win their last two they will have a one point advantage over Stanley. We need a point from somewhere.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Last edited by yerself; 19-04-2008 at 17:06.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2008, 17:05   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz66 View Post
... the most interesting thing i saw were the wind turbines on the hills in the distance spinning like mad, sometimes in sync then sometimes spinning with the blades looking inter-locked ....
You were lucky, I didn't even see that.

As for the Bury game, won't be the lowest gate, but I'm sure we'll be outnumbered, and probably outplayed.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 17:05   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
According to my maths if Stanley lose their last two games and Mansfield win their last two, Mansfield will then be level on points, Stanley would then be relegated due to their inferior goal difference. We need a point from somewhere.

If Mansfield win their last 2 then Dagenham can only get 46 points.
Old 19-04-2008, 17:07   #94

Make no mistake, this was not good, Whalley was unfortunate hitting the woodwork, but the overall performance from the reds was poor. It seems to me that they dont want to play for Coleman,this must be sorted out for next season because this display was embarrasing to watch. I am off to Wrexham on Saturday,lets hope we can salvage some pride in Wales.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 17:08   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancasdave
If Mansfield win their last 2 then Dagenham can only get 46 points.
Maths was never my strongpoint.

Old 19-04-2008, 17:08   #96
God Member

Quote:
According to my maths if Stanley lose their last two games and Mansfield win their last two, Mansfield will then be level on points, Stanley would then be relegated due to their inferior goal difference. If Dagenham win their last two they will have a one point advantage over Stanley. We need a point from somewhere.
But if Mansfield get 6 points Dagenham will only get a max of 3 points so they will be below us

Edit - I'm too slow at typing

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 17:09   #97
God Member

Quote:
Maths was never my strongpoint.

I'm a Dingle, calculating points to stave off relegation is an expertise I've gained
Old 19-04-2008, 17:12   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
They're not both going to win against each other.

Old 19-04-2008, 17:17   #99
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Edit - I'm too slow at typing
Not nearly as slow as me; sorry Yerself, once would have been enough.

Old 19-04-2008, 17:20   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy
They're not both going to win against each other.
Mansfield lost at home to Dagenham, so if they win away then they've both won against each other.

Old 19-04-2008, 17:31   #101

Coleman described last week's effort as abysmal. How will he describe the team's performance today? Unfortunately we are getting worse every game. Is it now a matter of hoping we are safe and nobody is bothered anymore. That's how it appeared on the pitch today.
3rd.Div.North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 17:35   #102
God Member

I missed all the first half and half the 2nd half due to counting the votes for the PLayer of the Year. Apparently I missed nowt, but the twenty minutes or so that I did see were dire, lacking in urgency and lacking in any kind of cohesion. It said it all that the Ultras did not want to clap the team off the field let alone sing any kind of songs.

Absolute garbage (by all accounts and my 20 minutes) and Just like Coley I cant wait for the season to end. Even though I won't be able to see next season.
Old 19-04-2008, 17:41   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Just like Coley I cant wait for the season to end. Even though I won't be able to see next season.
Why are you going to be wearing very thick dark sunglasses, i think that`s what i`ll be wearing if i have to watch another 90 mins of that garbage
Old 19-04-2008, 17:43   #104

God we were crap , it was like a preseason game , no one was interested . did any 1 hear coleman shout advice ? i didnt . did we have a game plan ?? any way what a nice chap yonman is .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 17:47   #105
God Member

Woeful performance today, Phil Edwards got MOTM and he was probably the only player who deserved it. They are still not working together as a team, which has got to be down to the training (or lack of it) they are getting. Add to that that Coley stood there like a stuffed dummy compared to Paul Fairclough who was the complete opposite, constantly trying to spur his team on.
Got to say I felt sorry for Sean Webb, saw him after the game and he looked like he's been in the ring with Joe Calzaghe.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..