Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2008, 17:48   #106
God Member

Re: vs Barnet

did you get your cheque DM? was it signed?
Old 19-04-2008, 17:48   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode View Post
. did any 1 hear coleman shout advice ? i didnt .
I heard plenty of people shouting advice at Coleman,
Old 19-04-2008, 17:49   #108

webb is a good player , would do well with kemps . mulls wasnt in game today , no one was
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 17:54   #109

got me cheque yesterday . hope coleman dosnt collect hes pay cheque . at least i can get near the goal , only whalley did today and i think he was supprised at that .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 18:00   #110
Senior Member+

Can't see many season tickets being shifted after that performance. Losing I can stand, but what I saw today made me feel like I'd been conned. I really feel like I wasted my time.
Old 19-04-2008, 18:05   #111
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Woeful performance today, Phil Edwards got MOTM and he was probably the only player who deserved it. They are still not working together as a team, which has got to be down to the training (or lack of it) they are getting. Add to that that Coley stood there like a stuffed dummy compared to Paul Fairclough who was the complete opposite, constantly trying to spur his team on.
Got to say I felt sorry for Sean Webb, saw him after the game and he looked like he's been in the ring with Joe Calzaghe.
Nice post Accymad, liked, "stuffed dummy", back home (Liverpool) we use the expression, "like one of Lewis's", Hilda says, "like piffy on a rock bun", but it's all about body language and Coleman's said it all.

Yes, Webb had a right battle today, can't help but like the guy, if only his legs went a bit faster.
Also hope Neal Bishop is OK, looked nasty.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 18:20   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Got to say I felt sorry for Sean Webb, saw him after the game and he looked like he's been in the ring with Joe Calzaghe.
Bet some of the Barnet players felt as though they had been in with the ring with Joe Pasquale.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 18:26   #113
Super Moderator

I'm sitting here, drinking a glass of Johnnie Walker and "celebrating" our survival. So why does it not feel like a celebration? Because the display of apathy that I've just seen is, quite frankly, a downright insult to the loyal fans who turn up for every home game. No passion, no spirit, no effort. OK, we're safe, but as someone has already said, the players didn't know that until after the match, so why were they not battling like, it would appear, the Wrexham and Mansfield players were? I'm beginning to think that the majority of the team really couldn't care less...and that hurts.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 19-04-2008 at 18:30.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 18:51   #114
God Member

Well an upside for me is .................... i've saved £13+ today & gathered the garbage without watching it - sitting here seeing the updates was bad enough!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 18:59   #115
God Member

"Dire" was the only word to describe Today's performance, The wind swirling did no favours for either team but it was crying out for the ball to be down on the floor not hoof & hope and fair play to Barnet they were composed on the Ball passed it well and fully deserved their victory!

Our lot with the odd exception looked bereathed of ideas and motivation

Playing for their futures or resigned to their futures

I really do hope the Board back Coley during the Summer because there is a fair rebuilding job to be done

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 19:08   #116
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red
I really do hope the Board back Coley during the Summer because there is a fair rebuilding job to be done
Back him! See the back of him, I hope. According to the 'football genius' there was a rebuilding job to be done at the end of last season and if this season's performances are any indication of his building skills I, for one, sincerely hope he practises elsewhere next season. A lego kit would suit him nicely.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 19:40   #117

Dont beat around the bush, say what you mean.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 19:46   #118
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Back him! See the back of him, I hope. According to the 'football genius' there was a rebuilding job to be done at the end of last season and if this season's performances are any indication of his building skills I, for one, sincerely hope he practises elsewhere next season. A lego kit would suit him nicely.
I'm with you on this one, but not just the football genius, but take the board with him as well and get some proper funding into the football club.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 20:03   #119

Why have we 1 striker in the squad and jc let 4 go on loan or move. Its the shatest football I have ever payed to watch. Id of rather watch the game over the back of the ground. I think mullin gets himself dragged all over the pitch and would be a good possible centre midfielder because he does all the work for them, thus leaving us with nothing in attack. Its easy sitting above casting judgements but to admit youre making mistakes and fail to act on them makes it ever so easy for the crows to gather. Big changes needed , the cash wont be there, the wages wont be there, so no big changes will be there.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 20:27   #120
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

And you know what the saddest thing about to days game was,well i payed for next seasons season tickets before the game..crap crap crap no motivation on or of the pitch changes are in order through out...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..