Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2008, 00:24   #121
God Member

Re: vs Barnet

im an optimist, at least we have survived 2 seasons in the league and after todays performance the only way is up........i'll wait till the seasons finished before i give my opinion of what needs to be done for next season...
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2008, 07:00   #122

does coleman have a contract ??
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 07:26   #123
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode View Post
does coleman have a contract ??
Things may have changed, but as far as I know he's never had a contract at Stanley.
Old 20-04-2008, 08:19   #124

wont cost anything to get rid of him then
Old 20-04-2008, 10:51   #125
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Morning/arvo...I wonder if we will have company-Chimer maybe???
Nice you were thinking of me - I was on my way home to Pompey down the A3 after my hockey game (lost that too) - luckily wifey was driving 'cos it's not safe to drive with your head in your hands after the Radio 5 commentators go "goal at Accrington ...".

Sounds worse than dire but at least we're safe at last - 4 of us coming up for the Bury game (wife, sis, b-in-law) and it'll be nice not to have nerves jangling too much - perhaps the boys'll relax and finally play a bit ?

Not changing my signature yet
Old 20-04-2008, 13:24   #126

if wrexham win mid week we can send um down cant we ?
Old 20-04-2008, 13:47   #127
Senior Member+

We won't get anything at Wrexham. I don't think we'll get another point this season.

I said months ago that we would not keep ourselves up and that we'd be reliant on teams below us not picking up enough points to overtake us. Just 5 wins in 2008 shows that's been the case.

I actually think we're in a worse position now than we were last season. I don't mean in terms of the league table, I just mean in terms of where we are as a team and squad.

For people who haven't bought a season ticket yet, but were going to buy one, has anyone changed their mind about getting one now? I don't think I can stand week after week of the kind of tripe we've been forced to watch this season. As I've said a thousand times, I don't mind the losing, but the lackluster way we've played at home this season has really got to me. Yesterday I was truly bored at the game and I can think of alot of other ways to spend my time on Saturdays.
Old 20-04-2008, 13:51   #128
God Member

I bought my season ticket before the match... then missed the whole match with sorting the voting slips...glad I didn't miss much

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 14:11   #129

harwood red , if you see yvonne tell her am setting off at 12.00 so dont be late getting to work
Old 20-04-2008, 14:18   #130

Did the barnet keeper even make a save yesterday? i cant remember 1 .
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 14:19   #131

nope he didnt . did mulls have a kick at goal ?
Old 20-04-2008, 14:25   #132

I thought mullin was playing centre half/ centre midfield
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 14:42   #133
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I actually think we're in a worse position now than we were last season. I don't mean in terms of the league table, I just mean in terms of where we are as a team and squad.
I agree wholeheartedly. Some people talk of progress being a higher league position and points total than last season. I do not go along with that.

There is something very wrong and it's time that someone thought very carefully about what has happened this season. From what I read, the players have lost heart. There has been mention in a different thread of the victory against Notts Forest and holding a Premiership club for 120 minutes on their own ground. Those were last season - and, incidentally, we would probably have defeated that Premiership side but for a self-confessed substitution error by the manager.

This season has been very poor indeed. As so many have said, it's not the fact that we have lost games. It's the way that we have played.

So who is going to ask the questions? Who is going to analyse what has been going wrong?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 15:44   #134

My son was going to get a season ticket and i was going to get a Flexi ticket but we decided that we would now leave it and see what happens over the summer, in terms of what the club are prepared to do to sort the mess out.

As already said, this season is far worse than last, at least we made an effort and tried to play football, just like we did in the conference, this season as just been totally awefull, just hoof and hope which does not suit us, with the weather yeasterday the game was just crying out for the ball to be played on the ground, but we couldn`t string two passes together if we tried.

Playing Mullin as a loan stricker (even though he looked like he was in midfield) is just plain stupid, who the hell was he supossed to head it down to ?, the only time we started to look better was when Todd and Smith came on, but too little way too late.

There are a lot of questions that need answering this season and hopefully they will all be addressed over the summer.
Old 21-04-2008, 12:20   #135
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Bet some of the Barnet players felt as though they had been in with the ring with Joe Pasquale.
No one can doubt Sean Webb's commitment so whilst this was a metaphor for the Stanley performance, he for one is excepted.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..