Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 21:39   #16

Re: vs Brentford

Football genius my a**e played much of game with five across the back makes an inspired substitution and takes young Kissok off who was running rings round em down the cowshed side to bring on another defender with a quarter of the match to go and we conceed a goal absolute tripe!!!!!!We were never the best team tonight and before the kick off i would have taken a point gladly but we could have had all three points by just keeping at em (top of the league your avin a laugh)
The ref and the liner on the cowshed side were a disgrace, the forth officials board came up with four minutes added on time at least one minute after the ninety was up and they scored well into the fith minute of added on time how does that work then??????
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-02-2009, 21:40   #17

3 big balls drop someone needs looking at i just got back from the game time pls
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 21:57   #18
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Makes you wonder where the ref found 4mins of added time!! but having said that apoints apoint although 3 would have been better 40sec's left of the 4mins added time bang,if only young lindfield had found the back of the nett in stead of the back of the stand if jc had slowed the last 4mins down with the use of the remaning subs at atime when the bees where all over us we deffended to a man but thats football for you. If only

Last edited by mab; 10-02-2009 at 22:00.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 22:01   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Football genius my a**e played much of game with five across the back makes an inspired substitution and takes young Kissok off who was running rings round em down the cowshed side to bring on another defender with a quarter of the match to go and we conceed a goal absolute tripe!!!!!!We were never the best team tonight and before the kick off i would have taken a point gladly but we could have had all three points by just keeping at em (top of the league your avin a laugh)
The ref and the liner on the cowshed side were a disgrace, the forth officials board came up with four minutes added on time at least one minute after the ninety was up and they scored well into the fith minute of added on time how does that work then??????
Could not have put it better myself. Why oh why take Kissock off, when he was one of Stanley's better players? And then to try and defend in the corner with 15 minutes still to play is beyond me. Mr Coleman - ATTACK IS THE BEST FORM OF DEFENCE not 5 across the middle. We could and should have had all 3 points tonight and the one person to blame has to be the 'football genius'. Mind you, the ref had a stinker tonight, everytime the ball was pumped up to Paul Mullin, he was pulled up for a foul, yet when Brentford players had there arms and legs and other body parts all over our players, he waved play on????

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 22:29   #20

The ref may well have been crap but if we can't beat a poor team like brentford then we do have problems.What a inspired substitution by the (football genius),i don't think so,standing on the clayton end even i could see that young kissock was wreaking havoc amongst the bees defence,so why did THE GENIUS take him off.If Coleman had left him on i believe we could have taken the three points tonight so the blame should lie at his door.A lot of the genius's tactics this season have left a lot of people baffled,me included,if he can't get the tactics right soon then sooner or later we will fall through the trapdoor back into non league football.I for one don't want to see Accy back there,the league is where we belong,so Mr football GENIUS i suggest you get the tactics right before we slide into oblivion.
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 23:02   #21
Resting in Peace

"Charlie MacDonald wasted two good chances to get the Bees back in the game as they peppered Stanley's goal"

Who writes this rubbish for the BBC? I know I was at the other end of the ground, but it didn't seem to me that Kenny was being "peppered". Slightly salted, maybe.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:33   #22
Junior Member+

Can kind of understand going a bit more defensive towards the end, but why on earth take Kissock off and leave Miles on, who did the square root of ****** all for the whole game?! Kissock in the second half had them running scared, everytime he had the ball they backed away. Really missed having the anchor in midfield for the last 15, although why did we play into the corners 15 mins from time but then in injury time mess around with it in the middle, giving it away leading to their goal?!
And as for the BBC 'peppering Kenny Arthur's goal', biased London press, no suprises there unfortunately!
lancsmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:36   #23
God Member

I was so angry at the end of the game I couldn't have posted anything last night. When the Brentford players were patting the ref on the back after they'd equalised it said everything - we were robbed just as surely as if the ref had had a striped shirt & a bag with 'SWAG' written on it.
As others have said, don't know where the 4 minutes came from (and they were put up at least a full minute if not two after the 90 minutes) but he was determined to give them every chance to score & was going to keep them playing till they did - a true Man Utd moment .
Before the game I'd have taken a draw but we fully deserved to win that game, the lads were absolutely gutted - bless 'em!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:45   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Think in other places its calleed Fergie Time
Old 11-02-2009, 12:24   #25
Senior Member+

Brentford thread starting with Page 3

Match reports - Accrington - Page 3 - Griffin Park Grapevine

"Result tough on Stanley":

http://www.stainesguardian.co.uk/spo...akes_Bees_top/

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!

Last edited by Haggis316; 11-02-2009 at 12:28.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 13:58   #26
Senior Member+

Miles was lazy again!
Kissock should not have been taken off especially not for Murdock! What bout Turner, he would of ran their defence raggid for the last 15 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!
No team that is up the top end of the table has come to stanley and looked like they were top class! We should of won! Unfortunatly Coleman got the sub wrong last night!
Great noise by the Clayton End as per usual!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 15:53   #27

Well 2 points given away again ....after all that hard work!!! A few things conspired against our side tonight...like Barnet but in reverse time was against us...somehow the fourth official had his Mickey Mouse watch all to cock....but once 4 minutes had to be played you would have expected Coleman using our 2 remaining subs and slowing the game down just as Barnet had done to us..simple tactic...cost us 2 points for not using it....also we were playing with 10 men for most of the game...DID ANYONE SEE THE INVISIBLE MAN????? sorry I meant MILES may as well not have been there....they must get points against Bournemouth next!!!
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..