Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2007, 18:15   #91
God Member

Re: vs grimsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonhigh View Post
Don't like him then?

Hehehehehe is it that obvious

Naaa, dont particularly because he's a dead weight in our team IMHO & seems to be coleys favorite, hopefully he wont be playing new years day at home so we may get a chance of winning or least not losing at home

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-12-2007, 19:05   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

another good away win, beats the crap out of me,but well done.
Old 26-12-2007, 19:20   #93
Senior Member+

Got back about 30 minutes ago and I must say that I was very pleased with today's performance. Although we were 1-0 down at half-time, we were by far the more dangerous team. We had a number of decent chances and quite a few unlucky incidents in the first half, and we were unfortunate to be behind at the break.

Second half saw us continue to build pressure and the two goals were well deserved. Grimsby came back into once they were behind, but apart from a brilliant Dunbavin save (low down to his left), they didn't create very much.

Although Richardson was caught on his heels for the Grimsby goal, he had a really good game at right-back, as did Edwards on the other side (yeah, it puzzled me bit too).
Webb and Roberts looked fairly composed in the middle, especially Roberts who won everything in the air. Webb is definitely not on loan from Ross County, but is on a 6 month contract that is due to expire next month. I really hope we keep hold of him, as he definitely has good positional sense and doesn't take chances.
As for Rocky, well he came on and played right-back in the last 25 minutes (or so) and to be honest looked ok. However, I'm really glad that Coleman has seen sense and made the change. Let's hope he stands by his convictions and allow Webb and Roberts to develop some kind of relationship.
Old 26-12-2007, 20:12   #94
God Member

Great away victory
Belated Chrissie Present but very much welcome!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2007, 20:55   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Know what you mean Kiwi but they've had their fun & now it's time they started behaving themselves and struggling like we know they should be doing

....and a Happy New Year to you as well!
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2007, 21:20   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayno14 View Post
Why when we start to win Shakermaker goes all quiet?
No mystery Zayno - he went out at half-time
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2007, 21:21   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post

....and a Happy New Year to you as well!
Ditto! You know I'm only kidding'
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 02:46   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Ditto! You know I'm only kidding'
I wasn't
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 16:15   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayno14 View Post
Why when we start to win Shakermaker goes all quiet?
Wasn't on the comp
Obviously I was wrong about the tactics, bloody happy I was an' all. Well done lads, more of the same please!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 17:31   #100
Senior Member+

livid i couldnt make it boxing day.
I got upto go at 1pm, quickly checked the map and realised it was over 2 hours away!
I thought it was next to leeds.

I was just wondering, why did he bring Rocky on at right back?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 17:53   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I was just wondering, why did he bring Rocky on at right back?
Rocky replaced Miles, who hadn't contributed much all afternoon. Edwards went to the right side of midfield and Rocky filled in at right-back. He has played there before for us and as I said above, he actually did ok. He even went on a mazy run and won a free-kick on the edge of the Grimsby penalty area. You had to admire his commitment, even though he had been dropped.

I just hope that Coleman continues with Webb, Roberts and Edwards at the back (plus Richardson of course). At least give them a chance to bond and if we still leak like a sieve, then have another look at it. To bring back Rocky on Saturday would be very unfair.
I suppose a lot depends on whether we're looking to keep Webb after January. His contract is up next month and I assume that he'll be looking for a club where he can get a regular game. He isn't on loan. He is our player.
Old 27-12-2007, 18:20   #102
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Rocky replaced Miles, who hadn't contributed much all afternoon.
Why this recent perseverance with Miles?

Is he putting him in the shop window?

I want the guy to prove me and many others wrong - but he is just bone idol.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 18:30   #103
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Rocky replaced Miles, who hadn't contributed much all afternoon.
So nothing new there then!! WHY persist with Miles ?? Surely it's all too obvious that the guy isn't going to improve and we're carrying a passenger when he's picked to start ??

After seeing the starting line up I actually thought that Coleman is starting to get the message (i.e constantly playing under-performers like Branch and Williams)......that was until I saw Miles' name included there.

That said credit to the rest of the lads. From what i've read it sounded like a decent performance which got the right result.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 19:21   #104
God Member

was miles best performance in a stanley shirt imo, still not good enough but an improvement
Old 27-12-2007, 21:35   #105
God Member

but some of his positional sense is exceptional.he gives an outlet when the pass reaches him.he might look lazy when the pass reaches him watch they way he can switch play

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..