Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2007, 08:01   #91
Senior Member+

Re: vs Hereford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Yes David Brown fouled an opposition player (in the Hereford half of the pitch) with 2 Stanley defenders and a Hereford player in Stanley half of the pitch and gets a red card. Still haven't figured that one out yet.
The directive to referees is that they must send someone off if they are the last defender and it is a goal scoring opportunity.
It isn't, that they can't send someone off for diving in needlessly in the opposition half.

The ref probably saw it as cynicism, I saw it as stupidity, maybe Brownie was trying to show Coley he can get stuck in, shame, cos Brownie had a very good game otherwise

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2007, 08:59   #92
Senior Member+

The only reason I can think of for Brown's sending off was dangerous play. It would be interesting to see that again and if there was justification for na appeal.
On yesterday's performance, Brown will be essential for the rest of the season.
Old 25-03-2007, 10:49   #93
Senior Member+

well thought it was a great performance yesterday.

Id have to agree antwi looks a class act and martin looks solid, i just hope we can keep them till the end of the season then we might be in with a chance.

thought Brown had a good game too, however proctor looked lost at sea in my opinion.

But hey 3 points dont care how we get them!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2007, 10:53   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie
however proctor looked lost at sea in my opinion
What's new about that?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2007, 11:20   #95
I am Banned

A late whoohoo seems stanley scarf at wembley brought us good fortune hehehehehhehehehehehe or was it cos i weren't there that did it
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2007, 11:26   #96
God Member

Browny had a good game probably my man of the match....he will always play well when teams come to try and play football against us not just try and bully their way through a game like so many teams in this league thats something we as a team need to learn to play against....so in a way credit to Hereford for trying to actually play some attractive football against us
Old 25-03-2007, 11:39   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
What's new about that?

good point
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2007, 13:39   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
What's new about that?
It's easy to criticise players for not being good enough, but Procter gives 100% every single game. With limited choices in midfield, I'll take a 100%er every single time.
Old 25-03-2007, 13:43   #99

Smile Re: vs Hereford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
It's easy to criticise players for not being good enough, but Procter gives 100% every single game. With limited choices in midfield, I'll take a 100%er every single time.
Good point

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2007, 13:45   #100

I think Proctor fits his role quite well. He isn’t there to create attacking chances he is there to stop the opposition playing their game. He’s not afraid to get stuck in. He does exactly what he is supposed to- Defensive midfielder
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2007, 14:37   #101
Senior Member+

I agree that Andrew Procter is an asset. Further to the last few comments, although he is essentially a defensive midfield player, he is also often the midfielder who is quickest to support a fast breakaway from defence - not there there have been too many of these this season.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2007, 14:46   #102
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I agree that Andrew Procter is an asset. Further to the last few comments, although he is essentially a defensive midfield player, he is also often the midfielder who is quickest to support a fast breakaway from defence - not there there have been too many of these this season.
Yes, agree. Think Procky's been OK this season, a few early misplaced passes early on yesterday maybe left some with a poor impression, but as TM said he gives 100%, and made it possible for Brownie to have a decent amount of the ball.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..