Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2009, 19:36   #16
God Member

Re: vs Northampton

Posted via Mobile Device. Ht sounds like the ref is a banker again judging on the jeering from the crowd.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2009, 19:39   #17
Senior Member+

So far I've heard lots of Accymad and quite a bit of Shakermaker too, but I do know Accymad can't stand tonights ref Steve Bratt, then again niether can I!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 19:40   #18
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device. Ah so the ref is a banker then lol.
Old 18-08-2009, 19:55   #19
God Member

Anyone heard what the 'crowd ' is?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 19:57   #20
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device. No not heard the number, but can hear the noise from the crowd lol
Old 18-08-2009, 20:26   #21
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device. Thats it radio off bloody heck im ****ed off now 3 nil down at home to conference league team!
Old 18-08-2009, 20:28   #22
God Member

Reality check me thinks.
Old 18-08-2009, 20:34   #23
Senior Member+

stanley penalty by jimmy ryan shoots wide DORK!!!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 20:38   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Anyone heard what the 'crowd ' is?
1561 on the BBC:
BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | A | Accrington | Live Text
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 20:54   #25
God Member

1561...thanks MIKE...would that be our worst home loss since returning to the league? Sad if so seeing as its arguably our strongerst squad.
Old 18-08-2009, 20:58   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Reality check me thinks.
I think reality is going to be better than that after we have licked our wounds otherwise it would be heaven help us.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 21:11   #27

Referee was the worst I've ever seen absolutely terrible. Their penalty should never have been given - their fat bastard forward leaned on Phil and Phil crumpled under the weight no chance in hell there was any wrong doing by the Stanley man - should have been the other way around if anything.

The linesman at the main stand side however was even worse than the referee, from now on I could only trust him to officiate fictional games and even then I wouldn't be confident. Didn't make a right decision all night - first half half a dozen blatent offsides ignored - second half foul after foul after foul on our forwards, didn't flag when we were offside and combined with the referee to ignore as clear a penalty as you'll see this century.

****ing disgraceful that prats like these can ruin proffesional games.

Stanley dominated possession and created more chance. Scoreline does not reflect the game. Only wish stanley had played it on the floor - we can beat anyone are football its longball we're ****e at.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 21:36   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Stanley dominated possession and created more chance. Scoreline does not reflect the game. Only wish stanley had played it on the floor - we can beat anyone are football its longball we're ****e at.
Dominated possession? - maybe, but what good is that when you play the ball sideways continually in front of their midfield? Alternatively a big hoof up to Mully from where it is anyone's guess where the ball will end up. I suppose the plan is for Kee to get on the end of his efforts, but the poor lad hasn't got a chance of knowing where to position himself. I thought our good, quick movement up front towards the end of last season, when Mully was loaned out, was going to be the much-needed start of a new era but no - the quick lads like Turner, McConville and Symes have to warm the bench.
How Bobby Grant gets to start in front of our other two cracking wingers is a mystery. Even more of a mystery is how he got man of the match! I have never seen a player give away so much possession like he does by treating the ball like a hot potato, and as for his free kicks, well......... Rant over, but please, please Coley - change things round up front on Saturday.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 21:45   #29
God Member

Well, that wasn't fun!

The team was a shadow of the side that beat Lincoln. We started poor and ended worse. Distribution was poor, movement was poor, energy levels were non-existant. Kee wasn't fit at all and the rest of the players looked knackered from the first minute. Granted, the officials were pretty terrible but we didn't do ourselves any favours at all. It would take too long to note the failings of each individual so let's keep it to the few positives: Kempson played well again and until the clumsy challenge towards the end Joyce was equally solid. Ultras sounded good tonight. Got free chips.

Northampton Town have got to be the most average side ever to win three nil.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 21:49   #30
Senior Member+

An awful match with the ref and linesmans as bad as each other!
No-one impressed at all, Miles tried in the first half and gave up in the second but Darren Kempson was always getting stuck in there and if it wasnt for his awful balls then he wouldnt of had such a bad game!
Jimmy Ryan was also terrible first half and like me and MCR was saying , he should always play in the centre , its his best position and played well in the second half!
Proccy did ok aswell, trying to take lead and spur his team on!
The worst dissapointment tonight was this game plan all night to hoof the ball up to Mullin and see what would happen! It was awfull!!! Did anyone else notice? Smash it up and hope he would head it on and we would get a chance! It didnt work yet we kept doing it! What happened to the down on the ground football we played against Rotherham, Walsall and Lincoln? We outdid them teams playing that football yet we change the game plan!
Chris Turner needs to get involved more aswell and Kee doesnt look fit at all!
Not the best game but Roll on Aldershot!!!!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..