Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2009, 09:25   #46
Full Member+

Re: vs Northampton

Be careful Redraine! It strikes me you're in danger of criticising Golden Boy! However, I do agree that, at the moment, we're saddled with a player who can't run. can't control the ball with his feet, heads it just about anywhere except to his own men and .... what's worse ... dictates our style of play! Yes, he has been a great servant, but I'm afraid the emphasis now must be on "has-been".

By the way, on a completely different tack, I can only assume that last night's man of the match award was done by the RNIB!!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2009, 09:35   #47
Senior Member+

To quote my old mate Andy Gray, "goals change games". If we'd have scored in the first half when we had a few good chances, then the game may well have played out differently. Northampton were a decent side, but under pressure after some poor results in the early season. However, the 2 goals relatively early on in the game settled their nerves and they cruised to a fairly easy victory in the end, but they could have fallen to pieces if we'd have put those chances away.

We need to start taking our chances, and we had a few good chances last night. I'd like to see Symes given a chance to play with Kee up front. He's quite mobile and he does win headers and flick-ons. One problem may be Mullin's wages. Is he earning too much to be sat on the bench?
Old 19-08-2009, 09:48   #48
God Member

one way or another we have to pay Mullins wages, to me it doesn't matter where he sits or stands. If its good for the team, therefore posssibly the gate receipts, then Mullin must be in the best position for us.

Sadly Symes won't be the answer to Mullin.
Old 19-08-2009, 09:53   #49
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
Totally agree,we have two left backs at the club,yet plays Winnard (a right back/centre half) at left back,and Joyce a midfielder at right back to accomodate our new captain.
Typical Coleman, he HAS to play players out of position, it's his nature. First game away at Rotherham we played well, then everything had to change in order to bring in Prancing Proccy.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 09:58   #50
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
Be careful Redraine! It strikes me you're in danger of criticising Golden Boy! However, I do agree that, at the moment, we're saddled with a player who can't run. can't control the ball with his feet, heads it just about anywhere except to his own men and .... what's worse ... dictates our style of play! Yes, he has been a great servant, but I'm afraid the emphasis now must be on "has-been".
We have been saddled with a player who can't run, can't turn and shoot, can't control the ball with his feet, etc. etc. for the last couple of seasons, and it's about time Coley recognised this fact. We played a lot better without him last season but now it's back to the old story - lump the ball upfield for Mully to head it on to nobody or hold it up and pass it to nobody. Why on earth didn't Coley sub him last night and change the pattern of our play, it obviously wasn't working as it was.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 10:06   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Sadly Symes won't be the answer to Mullin.
Although I agree with you, we have to work with what we have. Symes is younger, quicker, tall, more mobile and can hold the ball up. That's why I suggested trying with him as a starter.
Old 19-08-2009, 10:25   #52
Senior Member+

Last night was not the same team as i have watched for the first 3 games. Why change a winning side and put kee back in. Why not bring him on if we were losing in the 2nd half. we were losing so why didnt he put Symes on upfront with Kee or Mconville and take Mullin off. to be fair on bobby he has played really well past couple of games and to say he shouldnt of got MOM, i dont think you could of chose another player on the pitch who should of got it. We know they can play alot better than that as they have shown. Why do when we go 1-0 down do we play the miss the midfield hit it up to mullin, like FC STANLEY said Ryan always plays the best in the centre as he did 2nd half so keep him their. If coley is going to make changes for staturday i wouldnt start with mullin and put symes on with kee or king, where is Lindfield Liverpool has realsed him and Bell was saying we are trying to sign him. whats happen to Turner aswell he has played less than 45mins all season and last half the season he played really good. Just hope this was one bad day the office and on saturday and tuesday against qpr we play alot better. A top 10 team we have when they play well. i'd like to see on saturday Martin, Edwards, Winnard, Kempo, Joyce, Turner, Ryan, Miles, Grant, Symes, Kee/King to start. good atmosphere yesterday and they brough afew aswell.

Jonny coleman's red and white army!!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 10:41   #53
God Member

No-one played particularly well last night, they all looked knackered from the start so why for some people is the blame all down to Paul Mullin. Unless I missed something, I could have sworn he played in the previous three games that we were all enthusing about - now all of a sudden he's a has-been who shouldn't be on the pitch. Bet none were saying that when he nodded in the winner against Walsall.
All the players should take a share of the blame for last night's poor performance as I'm sure they know theirselves - as for Symes being a replacement for Mullers, sorry but based on what I saw of him last season there's now way he could be.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 10:50   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
to be fair on bobby he has played really well past couple of games and to say he shouldnt of got MOM, i dont think you could of chose another player on the pitch who should of got it.
Darran Kempson. Easy.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 10:56   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Darran Kempson. Easy.
Totaly agree
Old 19-08-2009, 11:28   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
No-one played particularly well last night, they all looked knackered from the start so why for some people is the blame all down to Paul Mullin. Unless I missed something, I could have sworn he played in the previous three games that we were all enthusing about - now all of a sudden he's a has-been who shouldn't be on the pitch. Bet none were saying that when he nodded in the winner against Walsall.
All the players should take a share of the blame for last night's poor performance as I'm sure they know theirselves - as for Symes being a replacement for Mullers, sorry but based on what I saw of him last season there's now way he could be.
Mullen did ok in previous games no-ones sayong owt differant, last night a "Donkey" on Blackpool beach would have been better, are you saying he shouldn't be substituted under those circumstances? Wake up n smell the coffee.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:13   #57
Full Member+

Who picked Grant as MOM, his dad ?? Kempson stood out by a mile
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 12:20   #58
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
We have been saddled with a player who can't run, can't turn and shoot, can't control the ball with his feet, etc. etc. for the last couple of seasons, and it's about time Coley recognised this fact. We played a lot better without him last season but now it's back to the old story - lump the ball upfield for Mully to head it on to nobody or hold it up and pass it to nobody. Why on earth didn't Coley sub him last night and change the pattern of our play, it obviously wasn't working as it was.

The manager thinks we've got the best squad we've ever had in this league. Why didn't he use it ? Those guys on the bench (Symes, Turner etc) must have been wondering what the hell was goin on
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 12:32   #59
God Member

I didn't say Mully shouldn't have been substituted, just that he wasn't the only one out there having a bad game last night as some seemed to suggest.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 12:34   #60

The guy who picked Grant for MOM last night was undecided between him and Proctor now that says it all.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..