Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 13:37   #76
God Member

Re: vs Notts County

as far as walking out early is concerned - I did.

it was either stay and start really telling one or two people what I thought of em or walk. The net was still rippling when I set off.

I stand behind the goals and sing my heart out for 90 minutes trying to get one percent extra effort out of the lads, but that was too much to hope for yesterday. Why should I stay and watch more of that crap?

And as I was leaving some prick said to his mate "look at all these c"£$s leaving early" well done that man - you nearly became the first man to get thrown over the back wall in about six years. If I hear it again you will be.
Old 04-11-2007, 15:38   #77
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
And as I was leaving some prick said to his mate "look at all these c"£$s leaving early" .....
Could have been worse, they might have thought you were Rovers' fans .

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 18:32   #78
Senior Member+

i do think coleman has his favourites.

Only Branch beat Proctor to the title of the worst performance.
Branch will be dropped due to his fitness, Proctor will never be dropped by Coley -its a shame as it would do proctor the world of good after that performance.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 18:39   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
i do think coleman has his favourites.

Branch will be dropped due to his fitness, Proctor will never be dropped by Coley -its a shame as it would do proctor the world of good after that performance.
I seem to recall somebody on complaining that a local championship manager should stop being allowed in to the FES because he was after Proctor. Thanks for confirming my response to that when I read it
Old 04-11-2007, 18:44   #80
God Member

Quote:
as far as walking out early is concerned - I did.

it was either stay and start really telling one or two people what I thought of em or walk. The net was still rippling when I set off.

I stand behind the goals and sing my heart out for 90 minutes trying to get one percent extra effort out of the lads, but that was too much to hope for yesterday. Why should I stay and watch more of that crap?

And as I was leaving some prick said to his mate "look at all these c"£$s leaving early" well done that man - you nearly became the first man to get thrown over the back wall in about six years. If I hear it again you will be.
I stayed till the end [much to no improvement] & the chants that was hurled at those leaving early in their droves was a bit pathetic to say the least - really good attitude to have at supporters that turned up expecting a match of 2 teams 2 halves, YET obviously stanley hadnt woke up properly or was only there in appearance only - getting heckled for leaving - mmmm really good advert them coming back isn't it - yet wonder why gates become a contentious subject neither helped by the hecklers nor the teams performance

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 18:45   #81
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
From that opinion, I presume you have a soft spot for Shaun Whalley.

Do you knock them in a rotation system?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 18:47   #82
God Member

yes it was a dismal performance but a positive was it being the second highest saturday gate since the opening match so the crowds are on the up...only thing is after that performance will many come back???

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 20:02   #83
God Member

I didn't hear any chanting at the leavers cos I was already going, I only heard the odd comment and as I said I nearly bit ..... but if there was any chanting then some people need to have a long hard look at themselves.

We'll never attract fairweather fans when we slag them off, if they are not fairweather fans then they deserve better. People leave early for many different reasons and it happens at every ground in the country.

90 minute fans are no better than 85 minute fans
singing fans are no better than non-singing fans
derogatory comment fans are no better than gutter filth.

We all salute the team when they are doing well and we should all be able to criticise when things aint so good. So what if Tom Dick and Harry were all shouting about how good we were when we destroyed Bradford, they should also be allowed to criticise individuals or the team when they need to buck up. Somewhere on this thread if said about how does it make the team feel when they see all the fans leaving early? who cares? Maybe they should think about how we feel turning up and watching dross!

Fans have feelings too and seems as though we even take ourselves for granted some times. If its wrong we should say so, when its right we definitely do!
Old 04-11-2007, 20:13   #84
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
I didn't hear any chanting at the leavers cos I was already going

90 minute fans are no better than 85 minute fans
singing fans are no better than non-singing fans
derogatory comment fans are no better than gutter filth.
I did hear one or two Ultras singing "part time supporter" to you macca.

Fans with numbers in their signatures are no better than fans with no numbers, you elitist snobs.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 20:15   #85

I to left after the County 2nd went in and geez a whole 3 mins before the final whislte, i never heard any chants either, but couldn`t care less either way, doesn`t make me any less of a supporter than those that managed the extra 3 mins, but well done all of those of you that stayed.
Old 04-11-2007, 22:27   #86
God Member

I stayed for the 90 and personally it didn't really bother me that others were leaving.
No one should have their integrity questioned for refusing to stay and watch that rubbish in the freezing cold for longer than necessary.
It's the players that let us all down, not the fans.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 22:48   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I stayed for the 90 and personally it didn't really bother me that others were leaving.
No one should have their integrity questioned for refusing to stay and watch that rubbish in the freezing cold for longer than necessary.
It's the players that let us all down, not the fans.
Here here well said

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:53   #88
Super Moderator

Totally agree...Coley has asked for maximum support and backing for the team. He got it on Saturday with more people and more noise on the Clayton End. The trouble is that certain players seem like they couldn't care less. Time for the big shake-up that he's always threatening!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..