Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2007, 15:42   #46
Senior Member+

Re: vs Rotherham

Joining you in the hopes of inspiring something .........
Old 17-11-2007, 15:49   #47

Evil on for Mullers

??????????????????

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 15:52   #48

Evil Booked

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 15:52   #49
Senior Member+

C'mon - our turn for a late late goal ......
Old 17-11-2007, 15:57   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
C'mon - our turn for a late late goal ......
Or maybe not - hey ho, now for a shock at Hereford
Old 17-11-2007, 16:07   #51
Senior Member+

This playing 5-3-2 at home has got to stop.

Based on what we did with 4-4-2 we might have got something out of this game.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 16:56   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
This playing 5-3-2 at home has got to stop.

Based on what we did with 4-4-2 we might have got something out of this game.
Well tell me if I'm wrong but I thought we didn't play 5-3-2 at all today.

As usual Coleman's selection was questionable-today it was his choice of midfield that I couldn't understand. I really thought Stanley would get a good result today but once again it was a poor display at home. First half- pathetic. Second half was better but still not good enough. They had too much height and strength for us to deal with.

Evil wasn't even on for 5 minutes and still managed to get booked. Coley get rid of him he's crap.

Finally, i was disappointed Andy Todd didn't get a game.
BTLawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 17:02   #53
God Member

I haven't seen a performance that apathetic in a long time. Especially from the captain.
And once again we see how tactically retarded our management are.

Very disappointed indeed.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 17:15   #54
Senior Member+

Very, very poor tactics from Coleman today. We played a 3-5-2 going forward, dropping to 5-3-2 when we lost the ball, which was most of the time.

Why was Boco playing as a left wing-back??? It was no wonder that we conceded from a back post ball to an unmarked forward in our gaping left-back area. Richardson plays that role fairly well and he would have been preferable to Boco. Sometimes I really wonder if Coleman has any sense at all.
Rotheram were nothing special and we should have been in the game throughout. Unfortunately we never looked like doing much until McGivern came on. DSane was poor today and missed yet another one-on-one.

As a final note, I'm a long way from a McEvilly fan, but his booking was totally unfair today. Very poor decision from a fairly poor referee.
Old 17-11-2007, 18:05   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
As a final note, I'm a long way from a McEvilly fan, but his booking was totally unfair today. Very poor decision from a fairly poor referee.
Agreed.
Also horrible little demons inside my head keep nagging me that Paul Mullin, for all his sterling qualities, 100% effort, and magnificent service to the club, does not give us enough up front at this level. In my opinion, we need more pace and directness than he offers, someone with the ability to turn his man, get in on goal and threaten the goalkeeper, rather than exclusively playing with his back to goal. I know he wins most balls in the air, but where is the end product? I would like to see Coley start with McGivern, who impressed in the short time he had on the pitch today, alongside Evil up front. I think that combination would give us power, aggression(!) and directness, which we are lacking at the moment up front.
Am I allowed to say this, or will everyone throw their arms in the air in disgust?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 18:14   #56
God Member

Have to agree with the last few posts - says it all really, i found out that stanley does have a midfield but thats all, it makes me laugh when he describes us as an attacking side, so not much evidence of that other than midfield play. Mike Pike - the pathetic banker ref was next to useless!!

Coley really needs to seriously re-think his attitude to the field of play & tactics especially during home matches as the pattern keeps repeating on how crap we are at home - regretfully

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 18:15   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLawson View Post
Well tell me if I'm wrong but I thought we didn't play 5-3-2 at all today.
Yes. Sorry until McGivern came on it was predominantly 3-5-2. I stuck my 5 in the wrong place. I was too preoccupied with how I was going to live that spectacle down this side of the Pennines.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 18:18   #58

Spot on there,mullin been great over the years but maybe its time to try something different,mcgivern and dsane for me upfront 2 quick lads and probably stop the long ball that we see week in week out.
tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 18:35   #59
God Member

Very poor showing today!
a couple of decent chances but as people have said already Rotherham were there for the taking, although they moved the ball from back to front with lightning speed and when they defended they did it in numbers. How many times did we lose possession today? Leighton Mcgivern looked sharp and did give us another dimension when he came on other than that yet another game to forget at the FES

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 19:13   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
How many times did we lose possession today?
Not many I'd say, we didn't lose it we give it away

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..