Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2006, 16:28   #16
God Member

Re: Walsall game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John
Going by these match stats,it would suggest we were on top,or at least had the edge.
Yeah we should have had at least a point out of this game if not all 3

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2006, 16:41   #17
Resting in Peace

Walsall looked very poor in the first half as Stanley dominated the midfield but couldn't convert it into a deserved lead at half time, as Walsall had scored against the run of play. Different story in the second half without Walsall looking anything special, and a fantastic Craney free kick plus some desperate Walsall defending gave us hope of snatching the win. Instead they scored near the end and we got nothing out of the game when a point would have been just about deserved.
Attendance of just over 3100 was poor after our recent good form, considering 1200 plus came from Walsall.
Feel a bit down tonight, but what a moment when Craney's rocket hit the back of the net!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2006, 17:03   #18

walsall were very poor i dont see why they are top they was very lucky today we deserve a point if not all 3
Old 21-10-2006, 17:14   #19

Dunbavin didn't have his best day either, still a class keeper, don't get me wrong, but perhaps time for Elliot to have another look-in ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2006, 17:50   #20
God Member

Quote:
Attendance of just over 3100 was poor after our recent good form,
Wasn't it your highest home attendance so far ?

Dave
Old 21-10-2006, 17:54   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
Wasn't it your highest home attendance so far ?

Dave
Yeah, highest home gate of the season

www.ubuntu.com

Old 21-10-2006, 17:54   #22
Resting in Peace

Maybe, but not the most number of home fans we have had on this season.
Old 21-10-2006, 18:06   #23
God Member

I might get slated for sticking my nose in to a Stanley thread but I think you sometimes expect too much. You lost several generations of fans during the league absence, it's going to take time and a bit of success to get them back. As a season ticket holder at Turf Moor we despair at the gates we get but people just have alternatives to do with their money and time these days. This area is struggling to support 3 league teams with the numbers we all want ( and expect !).

Dave
Old 21-10-2006, 18:09   #24
God Member

Quote:
This area is struggling to support 3 league teams with the numbers we all want ( and expect !).

Dave
Well why don't we all get together and go to the best 1 of the 3 teams in the area then?
I'm going to get my ticket for next match, gonna be busy at the FES

www.ubuntu.com

Old 21-10-2006, 18:12   #25
God Member

Well between 2 of us we get proper football, not overpaid prima donnas
Old 21-10-2006, 18:18   #26
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyco
walsall were very poor i dont see why they are top they was very lucky today we deserve a point if not all 3
To be fair we were without our top scorer Butler and Midfield fighter of Dobson so a good result for us with a bit of a patch up.

These are the games we (Walsall) need to win to get back out of Division 4.

Thanks for today, Your Safety officer (mark) was great letting us in the seats (preggy wife and a Father in law with walking disabilities)

All the best for the rest of the season. Look forward to seeing you at Bescot.
cheesebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2006, 18:23   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I might get slated for sticking my nose in to a Stanley thread but I think you sometimes expect too much.
No problem mate, all contributions are welcome.
Was it too much to expect our best home fans turn out considering the good weather, both the "big two" were not playing, we had our first away win of the season last saturday, we turned over another Div 1 team in midweek, and Walsall are flying at the top of the league?
Old 21-10-2006, 18:29   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebag
To be fair we were without our top scorer
So were we! But we did have our midfield battler, Proccy, who was man of the match for me.
By the way - great support from your lot and good noise (most of the time!)
Old 21-10-2006, 18:37   #29
God Member

Quote:
Was it too much to expect our best home fans turn out considering the good weather, both the "big two" were not playing, we had our first away win of the season last saturday, we turned over another Div 1 team in midweek, and Walsall are flying at the top of the league?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
No good trying to figure it out lol, we were 2nd last week and still had 2 **** home attendances and that was also coming off the back of a fantastic away win. There's just no logic to it.
Old 21-10-2006, 18:49   #30
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine
So were we! But we did have our midfield battler, Proccy, who was man of the match for me.
By the way - great support from your lot and good noise (most of the time!)
Cheers!!! Support away has been pretty good, Over 1000 to Rochdale, Chester on a Friday night and to Accy.

Our Home support is improving, nearly 7000 last saturday A big difference to when Merscum was in charge.
cheesebag is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..