Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2006, 10:10   #46

Re: Walsall game

You were unlucky, you deserved something out of the game, we were not at the races, missing our top two players, Butler and Dobson, but when your top (as you know from last season!) and things are going well, the ball seems to roll for you.

There were major problems on the M6 yesterday which could have reduced the number of Walsall fans that travelled, I was expecting more than the 1256 quoted.

I think if you want to increase attendance, a new stadium is in order, or at least a roof or two. As good as it was to stand up at a match again, you ain't gonna attract the floating fans to get soaked.

Best of luck anyway, look forward to a big Accy following at Bescot.
PelsallReds is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2006, 16:23   #47
God Member

I thought our lads played really well yesterday,we certainly matched and quite a lot of the time outplayed Walsall. We definately deserved a draw at least. However, I felt John Coleman's comments on the radio after the game were bang out of order - he slated our players,at one point saying that four of our lads had carried the other seven! He must have been watching a diferent game to me that's all I can say.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 16:36   #48

We definitely missed Dobson in midfield,to me he was signed for games like Accrington away.We are always going to miss Butler when he his out good to see Sam notch again.
Cracking free kick for the equaliser,i just had a feeling Craney would score from it even before the ball was kicked.Before the game would have settled for 1-1,not a vintage Saddlers performance but when Wright put the winner in,you cant help but think maybe this is going to be our season.
The attendance from your point of view is something that is going to take time to build up,i fully understand the question well what exactly do people want and it applies to Walsall as well a lot of the time.We suffer from the so called big clubs on our doorstep arguement,but with us we have suffered from dross on the pitch last couple of seasons and apathy from the board.Hopefully your promotions and the fact that is obvious you are going to do more than consolidate this season,will help to keep building the crowd.
Hospitality from your end was bang on from the help with parking to help getting seats second half,i had my three girls with me the youngest just a month old.There is far to much Claret and Blue in Whitworth hence the young start!
All the best for the season see you at the Bescot.:engsmil:
Whitworth Saddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 18:00   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by PelsallReds
You were unlucky, you deserved something out of the game, we were not at the races, missing our top two players, Butler and Dobson, but when your top (as you know from last season!) and things are going well, the ball seems to roll for you.
Or even fall from the sky onto your prone strikers foot ?

Enjoyed the match, atmosphere was great, what annoyed me most was we conceded both goals when Stanley seemed to be in the ascendancy and the support was maxing out, frustrating.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 13:01   #50
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
I've read this thread and I'm very annoyed I do not believe there was only 3100 on today. There was no way on earth we could have fit another 2000 fans on the ground to fill to capacity. I know we've discussed this before and I've been threatened but this time sue me. Today fans turned up and supported us but the club for some reason (I think we know why) chooses to declare a lower gate making us a laughing stock once again.
Because I choose to say what I think I get info in e-mails and PMs and even in brown envelopes through my door, I have nothing to hide all I want is for a more realistic gate figure to be presented, rant over.
I did wonder myself Bagpuss when they announced that only 1265 of us travelled.

I saw pics from the Swindon following which was 800+? the terrace looked half empty.

The pics from Saturday it looked very full and we had a lot of people in the side stand as well.

Back sky rocket!
A Saddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 21:46   #51
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Saddler
I did wonder myself Bagpuss when they announced that only 1265 of us travelled.

I saw pics from the Swindon following which was 800+? the terrace looked half empty.

The pics from Saturday it looked very full and we had a lot of people in the side stand as well.

Back sky rocket!
This is a real bugbear of mine, it happens week after week then we get our management appearing in the local papers slagging of the fans for not attending. Like i've said if anyone wants to cook da books at least make it a figure we could live with and not laugh at.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 08:58   #52
Junior Member+

Couldnt see where another 2000 would fit, our end (Walsall) was pretty full, we even had some in the seats.
cheesebag is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..