Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 17:28   #16

Re: Well Done Lad's

2 = a couple 3 or more = a few
Old 09-01-2005, 17:31   #17
Senior Member+

Well then cleverdicks Leigh, Gravesend and Halifax

OK
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 17:34   #18
I am Banned

im not having that language on this forum
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 17:40   #19

smiffy i make that 3 so afew is a good description
Old 09-01-2005, 17:43   #20
Senior Member+

ok mate
Old 09-01-2005, 20:31   #21
Full Member+

Is it me or does the threat of a big fine hanging over us for excessive cards last season mean that we are a bit sensitive on the tackling front. I know last season we got an undeserved reputation for being a dirty side but most teams seemed to show us a bit of respect on the field, whereas this season nobody seems to be afraid of playing us?
Old 09-01-2005, 21:32   #22

Yes, Mick, I also have noticed the lack of 'tackling' from our defence......is that what loses, rather than winning us games???
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 21:36   #23
Senior Member+

In reply to your posts about our aggression this is what I think....

The first part of our season (first 10 games?) we were concentrating on not getting booked etc...Then we started that torrid run we had but I will go against the comments above because I feel recently we have started to become more aggressive again which is helping us on the pitch and as the results show its improving our results.....

That's the way we play best
Old 09-01-2005, 21:39   #24
I am Banned

yep i agree smitchell
Old 09-01-2005, 22:42   #25
Senior Member+

I think on saturday we could have afforded to make tackles (or fouls) further up the field to break up Boro's play & effectively kill the game

We defo need to be more cynical & a little cleverer!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 00:47   #26
Senior Member+

Personally I'm of the opinion that 3 points matter the most, and it does not matter how we come by them. Having looked at the league table, we could easily drop back to 10th or 11th with the teams below us winning their games in hand. As the old adage says, it is better to have the points in the bag than not. I also think that the team are not that 'dirty' and reading between the lines should only have 1 red card not 2. But the management stated that the video evidence was not conclusive so decided against appealing. I am unsure as to what level a fine is levied on the club, maybe Rob or someone at the club could answer that one. A question for Kipax maybe?
Denise, I gotta disagree with you about survival at a higher level. I personally think we may struggle but will survive and then get stronger, especially when the ground is built up to a higher capacity. Keep it up lads and keep the faith.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 15:59   #27

Being realistic like i said at start of seaon i would prefer it if we didnt go up this year as if we did get promoted then it would be very difficult to stay up unless there is a massive upheaval (spelling) although i dont think that eric would let us get relegated

ALSO i think i would prefer a season where we could celbrate all season like barnet are doing at top of legue

But saying that i would say no to promotion this year but I would prefer if it waited one more year
Old 10-01-2005, 20:09   #28

[QUOTE] So, we should be aiming for gate money from a higher league now & not dwelling on the games left but monitoring the gate receipts!

That set of comments will greatly enhance the opinion that girls should do "shopping" instead of "soccer"

hey denise goes to stanley week in week out she can say whatever she wants she pays her tax's and really its a free country and your just being sexist man! girls can have a good knowledge of football. Bet she knows more about football than you! she is a real football supporter YOU JUST ASK JOHN COLEMAN & JIMMY BELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 21:18   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
she is a real football supporter
And you are telling me Jason isn't???? hehehehehe get a grip man
Old 10-01-2005, 21:38   #30
I am Banned

Organise - Get A Grip - Refereeeeeeee

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..