Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2010, 16:26   #1

Well done to the club - NVQ Level 2 course in Sport Recreation

Accrington Stanley Football in the Community
Wednesday 24th Feb 2010

New free course for local 16-18 year olds
Accrington Stanley Football Club are opening the doors to the local community in a bid to provide local youngsters both who are in employment and unemployed the opportunity to gain a range of qualifications.

The club will be holding an NVQ Level 2 course in Sport Recreation and Allied Occupations with Activity Leadership. The scheme has been developed by Luis Michael Training and will be delivered in partnership by Accrington Stanley and Xtra Time Training. The course will run one day per week for a total of 3 hours per day and is for 16-18 year old girls and boys. The duration of the course is 20 - 26 weeks and the training will be club based, all the students will receive a minimum of 7 qualifications these being:

1, NVQ Level 2 in Sports Recreation, Allied Occupations & Activity Leadership
2, Child Welfare
3, Emergency First Aid
4, Key Skills in Application of Number Level 1
5, Key Skills in Communication Level 1
6, CSLA - Community Sports Leader Award
7, 1st4Sport Technical Certificate

The course is totally free of charge and to enrol all students are required to do is provide their national insurance number, their full home address, proof of date of birth and an emergency contact number. We will also need any student’s previous qualifications but there is no minimum requirement for acceptance onto the course.

This is an Accrington Stanley Community learning scheme and in order for all the students to get the most out of the course they will become actively involved with various roles and aspects of our magnificent football club including work experience. Accrington Stanley will provide the opportunity for all learners to undertake tasks that are relevant and support their studies.

Stanley Manager John Coleman who fully endorses the scheme said "It is a training scheme I am hoping will be a success and I am delighted at the prospect of helping develop local young people with both their academic studies and football talents. Although primarily it is a training scheme I will be attending a number of sessions to join in personally to cast an eye over potential young Accrington Stanley footballers."

This is an excellent opportunity for the young people of Accrington and the local community. We hope to bring a real sense of community cohesion and spirit to the local area with Accrington Stanley at the centre of our local community activities.

For further details or information please contact Danny Johnson by email at [email protected] or on 07971 575078.

can only be a good thing reaching out to the young community and giving young ones something to do what can lead to better things in life for them

we might even gain some bums on seats on match days
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2010, 16:40   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

re: Well done to the club - NVQ Level 2 course in Sport Recreation

yep smart move in my book.
Old 24-02-2010, 17:06   #3
God Member

Follows on from this:

The Football League | FL Trust | FL Trust News | FL Trust News | LEAGUE CREATES 200 JOBS

Schemes like this can only help the Club to grow, as well as giving young people a chance to learn about Sport.

Well Done

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 17:19   #4
God Member

One job I would love to see created for a young person is as an assistant groundsman, given all the hard work Buzzer puts in around the place.

I am sure an extra pair of hands would help and probably fund itself if done through one of the schemes with a College Placement?

SFFS
Old 24-02-2010, 17:30   #5
God Member

Maybe they have us mixed up with someone else:

Xtra Time Training - About Us

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 24-02-2010 at 17:33.
Old 24-02-2010, 17:47   #6
God Member

Smile re: Well done to the club - NVQ Level 2 course in Sport Recreation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
One job I would love to see created for a young person is as an assistant groundsman, given all the hard work Buzzer puts in around the place.

I am sure an extra pair of hands would help and probably fund itself if done through one of the schemes with a College Placement?
Very good point that Google Page Ranking, there is always something that needs to be done and a lot of the time it is done by volunteers!!

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 21:33   #7
Senior Member+

top stuff and well done to all at the club who sorted it
Old 24-02-2010, 21:58   #8

Great news to see the club getting more involved with the Community. Something for Stanley to be proud of as well as John Coleman giving his personal backing with his OWN words of wisdom:

Stanley Manager John Coleman who fully endorses the scheme said "It is a training scheme I am hoping will be a success and I am delighted at the prospect of helping develop local young people with both their academic studies and football talents. Although primarily it is a training scheme I will be attending a number of sessions to join in personally to cast an eye over potential young Accrington Stanley footballers."

.......or so I thought.

Check these links:

Chorley FC launches youth training project (From Chorley Citizen)

Collieries offer NVQ sports qualification (From The Bolton News)

News - Local News: What's Happening in Rossendale? (BB4)

All four men gave nearly the same quote.

Lazy marketing!
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 22:11   #9
God Member

its just a standard press release as with all externally funded projects. T'aint a problem

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..