Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2008, 06:42   #1
God Member

What are your aspirations for Stanley this Season

I just wondered what peoples aspirations are for Stanley this forthcoming Season?

First off for me it has to be a dramatic improvement in our Home Form, too many times last Season we looked bereathed of ideas

Hopefully our first half performance against Burnley by the Defence is a sign of things to come, no panic trying to play out of defence rather than the Hoof and hope

I think as a whole the Squad is obviously smaller in numbers, but we may just have that little bit more quality and experience, if we could perhaps add at least another winger and an experienced Striker we can avoid a Relegation Dogfight and perhaps become a Top Ten side?

With the date for the New Stand looming large on the Horizon, I hope the Club get the backing to make it become a reality and perhaps incorperate things into it that can be utilised outside the main football arena and help bring the Club to a wider audience by being a facility to be used by the whole Borough

I would love to see us have a good run in one of the Cup Competitions, bringing in some much needed revenue to the Club that hopefully could push us on to bigger & better things

Puting it into context we are a Football League Club and I so proud to be associated with Accrington Stanley as a Fan, I can't wait to begin the adventure of walking in a Stanley Wonderland yet again

Bring on the New Season

On Stanley On

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2008, 07:32   #2
Super Moderator

Re: What are your aspirations for Stanley this Season

Same aspirations as Pendle Red, plus:

I would like to see an equally dramatic improvement in the way the club is run. More communication with the fans including a lot more information on t'fishy site.

An improvement in the merchandising operation, too - new lines to capitalise on our name and more efficiency in dealing with customers, so that we don't get disgruntled fans coming on here time and time again, complaining that they haven't received their purchases and no one at the club can be bothered to talk to them.

Oh yes, and, finally, one other aspiration is to have my season ticket in time for the first match of the season!
Old 30-07-2008, 09:09   #3
Senior Member+

I'd be interested in knowing how the squad can be "that little bit more quality and experience", considering we've only signed Murdock and Clarke, and lost 11 other players?

Apart from that, I'm keeping my views to myself.
Old 30-07-2008, 10:38   #4
God Member

What about John Mullin, Chris King & Jimmy Ryan
Did they not join us

John Miles back from his loan
Rocky Williams & Peter Cavanagh both back fully fit

Were you unhappy about any of the 11 players that left us

SFFS
Old 30-07-2008, 10:57   #5
Member.

Passion, commitment, determination and the opening of the door marked communication.

I echo what the others have said; I do feel that we need to end the old excuses for poor performances and lack of bollocks in the defence.

I would love to see a strong start and see us retain a mid to high table position throughout the season.

We can’t go forward on past glories or sentimentality. We have to work ever harder and take a strong firm arm to those that don’t or can’t perform, fewer chances given to old favourites and the boot where it’s due.

There have been too many bitter experiences in the past, so let’s see Strong leadership from the club and the management team, leadership and communication on the field and passion and support from the fans no matter where they are in the world.

We’re all equal irrespective of weather we’re there on the ground, over an ocean, behind a desk or defending the realm….turn up, tune in and voice your options loudly.

On Stanley On.......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 11:05   #6

We are still a bottom of the table side, don't think we can kid ourselves otherwise - I hope we survive and find a couple of players that will help us improve next season when there is going to be more of a chance of us going down.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 11:18   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

reckon n improvement on home form should see improvement in position, communication must improve, n eric must sell. (dream on)
Old 30-07-2008, 11:35   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Did they not join us
Where have you read that any of those players have actually signed for us?
Old 30-07-2008, 12:31   #9
Resting In Peace

Quote:
John Mullin - is he Andy Tretton in diguise ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 12:43   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
John Mullin - is he Andy Tretton in diguise ?
And that's exactly the reason why we haven't signed him. Once bitten and all that.
Old 30-07-2008, 13:18   #11
Senior Member+

TM I think you will find that Chris King was our first official signing even before Colin Murdock as I remember. Colin signed after he came back from holiday or something along those lines. As for Cav and Rocky, I will reserve judgement - personally if Rocky turns in performances like the one against Darwen and Burnley - he should go. Cav has passion for Stanley, but I think he is a tad too slow. John Mullin will sign when he is fit, spoke to Paul prior to the Burnley game, everything is there for him to sign, just waiting for the ankle to mend.

As regards the aspirations for this season, I echo the sentiments of Pendle Red, Doug and Cashman (the Eric must sell bit - oh! and the home form as well).

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 13:40   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Where have you read that any of those players have actually signed for us?
Hence why I put "Did they not join us"

SFFS
Old 30-07-2008, 14:56   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hence why I put "Did they not join us"
Eh? That doesn't make any sense, but never mind.

Ozzy - I think you'll find that King did not actually sign any contract at the time which you refer.
Old 30-07-2008, 16:37   #14
God Member

I will 'settle' for any improvement on last years performances, which were poor on too many occasions.

I expect to see a drastic improvement in the communication and organisation of the club.

If the club can do away with people moaning at petty little things then it won't seem anywhere near as bad when we moan about the quality we see on the pitch.

Basic things done right please.
Old 30-07-2008, 17:26   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I will 'settle' for any improvement on last years performances, which were poor on too many occasions.

I expect to see a drastic improvement in the communication and organisation of the club.

If the club can do away with people moaning at petty little things then it won't seem anywhere near as bad when we moan about the quality we see on the pitch.

Basic things done right please.

In a nutshell Macca !..but have you noticed that the word 'Quality' has been used sparingly in this thread ?
My hope is that every facet of the Club can show some improvement in the quality of how IT presents itself, to the Fans, the Media, and to those people of Hyndburn yet to be seduced into becoming Fans. Then, and only then will we be able to truly say 'Accrington Stanley ARE a Football League Club !.

Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.

'Quo Vadis ?'

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..