Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2008, 23:17   #16
Senior Member+

Re: what will next season bring.

[quote=Bagpuss;571104]I agree with the cowboy, I had to laugh today when the ultras where chanting "you can stick your accyweb up your arse", if you don't like what you read don't come on simple.

i total agree with what fc:stanley is saying if you people stopped moaning and complaing everytime we lose or whatever! coleman and jimmy are good managers all the fans should be behind the manager and the players no matter what happens! i agree we did not play good today
but dont start slateing the manager and players. even people from other clubs have notice what this site is getting like! we are in the football league for years people we have wish we could be in football league again and what has happend coleman and jimmy have took us back to the league. it was only in that year that people on here we saying coleman and jimmy we king and positive messages! we are staying in the league next year and we finshed higher than last season! if you dont like what you are seeing dont come simple as! so if the moaning fans! most of them on here get behind the players and the boss maybe the effects would show on the pitch! if you are start slateing the boss and the players it effects thier morale! i know this season aint been the best but the most inportant thing is we are staying in the football league unlike other big clubs who have more money to spend on players and the ground! am glad coleman and jimmy are staying i am 100% behind them and hope most of the players stay! so come on fc:stanley STAYING UP WITH ERIC AND JOHN!!!! JONNY COLEMAN'S RED AND WHITE ARMY!!!!!!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2008, 00:44   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I agree with the cowboy, I had to laugh today when the ultras where chanting "you can stick your accyweb up your arse", if you don't like what you read don't come on simple. Then what do they do start slagging off one of our players, so it's not ok to have a pop at Coleman but it is ok to have a pop at one of the players. To me that's double standards and I think you should just shut it.
I think they where chanting that because there fed up with everyones moaning on here about coley.All your moaning on here wont do anything. It just anoys constantly and people get fed up of it. Colemans staying but still people winge , but fair enough everyones entitled to there opinion and so where the ultras chanting that! You all know colemans staying to manage stanley next season so why carry on with the negatives?

As for slagging off one of our players , booing and shouting "off" wasnt exactly "slagging" off. He "whalley" was terrible all game! His passing , his touch, he was lazy , he just looked like he couldnt be assed! So whats the point of playing £13 and watching someone doing that , you get anoyed and thats what happens! The ultras have the right to sing and chant what they please. And if it wasnt for them it would been as quiet as a libary today!

Last edited by fc:stanley; 04-05-2008 at 00:54.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:33   #18
God Member

We're = We are.
Where = a destination/place.
Wear = an outfit.
Were = 'we were'. Past tense...
Libary = Library?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:44   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
We're = We are.
Wear = an outfit.
Libary = Library?
What's the education system in this country coming to? Someone under 50 who can spell. Disgusting!

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:07   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
I think they where chanting that because there fed up with everyones moaning on here about coley.All your moaning on here wont do anything. It just anoys constantly and people get fed up of it. Colemans staying but still people winge , but fair enough everyones entitled to there opinion and so where the ultras chanting that! You all know colemans staying to manage stanley next season so why carry on with the negatives?

As for slagging off one of our players , booing and shouting "off" wasnt exactly "slagging" off. He "whalley" was terrible all game! His passing , his touch, he was lazy , he just looked like he couldnt be assed! So whats the point of playing £13 and watching someone doing that , you get anoyed and thats what happens! The ultras have the right to sing and chant what they please. And if it wasnt for them it would been as quiet as a libary today!

Pray tell me what the difference is between your statement, highlighted above, and myself and others paying £13 to watch 11 players playing like a bag of s***? We get annoyed and like you , frustrated, therefore I repeat, I reserve my right to moan as a paying fan.

As for the Ultras yesterday, well Im sure that I was not the only one who noticed a distinct lack of noise when we went 2 down..........the library however was probably buzzing!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:21   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley
As for slagging off one of our players , booing and shouting "off" wasnt exactly "slagging" off. He "whalley" was terrible all game! His passing , his touch, he was lazy , he just looked like he couldnt be assed! So whats the point of playing £13 and watching someone doing that , you get anoyed and thats what happens!
Who signed him? Who persists in playing him. Coleman, the Ultras' messiah, their hero. So what's the point of paying to watch a team selected by this 'Football Genius', you get annoyed and that's what happens.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:06   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
We're = We are.
Wear = an outfit.
Libary = Library?
You forgot CENTRE. I've read it spelt CENTER loads of times recently and it ****es me off!!
Old 04-05-2008, 10:45   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
As for the Ultras yesterday, well Im sure that I was not the only one who noticed a distinct lack of noise when we went 2 down..........the library however was probably buzzing!!
Quite a few massive pockets of quiet from the noisy pockets of our fans, even the players noticed that especially Mcgivern, whom was talking to me about the fact they are quieter than usual - whats up?! Where i was sat on the half way line bury were making most of the noise even before 1st goal [which i wasn't expecting] so i texted the clayton end few to see if volume could be turned up & when it did the players noticed no doubt the managment too, i saw the importance of the 12th man crowd.

As for sticking AW up yer arse didnt impress Jimmy Bell at all, cos on the whole majority of the great supporting fans use the forum [even Coley does] & you will always get differing points of view [no doubt happens once in a while on the ultras forum too] & as DM found out the management can speak for themselves should anyone have any critisms, but tarring the forum as a whole just isolates the unity of support.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:57   #24

Regardless of wether you are for or against Coleman, everyone who pays to watch Accy has the right to their opinion, even though it may not always agree with your own, it shouldn`t be seen as a personal attack, its not just people who come on here that are moaning about the present situation regarding our performances, the vast majority in the Clayton end were doing plenty of moaning not just yesterday but week in week out, I`m not going to start slagging Coley off but there are alot of people in the stands that are, they may not come on here and air their views, but there is a large amount of people that are not happy with how the season as gone, so its a bit unfair to say that the people who come on here are the only ones moaning, its just that they are not bothered to say what they think, you will never get 100% of the people in the stands to agree with one another about the club or management, if we all always agreed it would make for a very boring world .
So lets all enjoy the summer (If we get one) and lets see what Coley does in the meantime to try and make things better for next season.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:02   #25
God Member

Yep good point Haz, thats the other beauty about the game of footy - it opens the debate & people see the game from different points of view & form their opinions from that, even i had a totally different view & perspective than i ever had yesterday, something i said to the management or anyone that asked how it was, that u see the game differently from the clayton end to maybe the stand & again different vision from the dugout

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:24   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz66 View Post
Regardless of wether you are for or against Coleman, everyone who pays to watch Accy has the right to their opinion, even though it may not always agree with your own, it shouldn`t be seen as a personal attack,

Perfectly true, and don't forget the fickleness that goes with being a football fan. Without it supporting a team wouldn't be complete
Old 04-05-2008, 11:43   #27
Senior Member+

I was stood on the Clayton End yesterday and I didn't hear any such chant. Mind you, the bloke next to me was whistling so it may have drowned out the sound of the Ultras.

Maybe they need more practice, say by attending the Liverpool game last Monday.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:48   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I was stood on the Clayton End yesterday and I didn't hear any such chant. Mind you, the bloke next to me was whistling

I think the ref may get marked down by the assessor for his positioning
Old 04-05-2008, 11:55   #29
Full Member+

If we had won 16 matches at home and got beaten on all our travels I`m sure the views of some supporters would be different. Nobody wants to pay £13 and go home annoyed at a defeat, but wouldn`t mind tuning into Stelling watching us go down away then looking forward to the next weeks home fixture. I agree that some of the tactics and coaching have been poor this season and the football genius tag can grate a bit but with the income we get we can`t expect miracles. Escape relegation by the skin of our teeth? try telling that to the seven clubs below us.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:13   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick View Post
try telling that to the seven clubs below us.

Added to that those call for a proven manager, Brian Little anyone ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..