Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2008, 17:42   #1

what will next season bring.

to all the people who replied to my last post about coleman going,i stand by what i said,coleman is a second rate manager who has gone as far as he can.two seasons fighting relegation is enough,are you coley fans going to feel the same if it happens again next season.you can only go so far with average staff,i'm not the only accy fan saying it so get off my back and take a good hard look at where we are going

NOWHERE WITH COLEMAN.

RED THROUGH AND THROUGH

ACCY TILL I DIE AND PROUD OF IT
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2008, 17:48   #2
Senior Member+

Re: what will next season bring.

100% behind the boss

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 18:01   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrikaaner View Post
to all the people who replied to my last post about coleman going,i stand by what i said,coleman is a second rate manager who has gone as far as he can.two seasons fighting relegation is enough,are you coley fans going to feel the same if it happens again next season.you can only go so far with average staff,i'm not the only accy fan saying it so get off my back and take a good hard look at where we are going

NOWHERE WITH COLEMAN.

RED THROUGH AND THROUGH

ACCY TILL I DIE AND PROUD OF IT
Thank god we dont all support teams like Rochdale who have been in this league years.
Old 03-05-2008, 18:06   #4
God Member

Sorry to disappoint the outing brigade - spoke to coley as was on team bench today & can assure all stanley fans coley & Jimmy are staying

Hail the dynamic duo!

Would like to thank them again for their efforts & for making me very welcome as part of the team so looking forward to next season. I can assure that their heart is very much stanley & proven that today i saw with my own eyes in the thick of it. Key for them is signing a few good players is soon on the agenda.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 18:07   #5
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
100% behind the boss
Open your eyes, we where ****e today (AGAIN) and Coleman says I can't fault the lads they gave 110%, I'd hate to see us if they only gave 75%.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 18:20   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Open your eyes, we where ****e today (AGAIN) and Coleman says I can't fault the lads they gave 110%, I'd hate to see us if they only gave 75%.
That's a little harsh. Two of 'em tried.

ps. Who are United playing in the European Cup Final?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 19:44   #7
Senior Member+

Depends what nuggets Coley and Jimmy have uncovered in Non League territory. An Aaron McLean wouldn't go amiss for starters.

A continuation of our home form and second half of the season showing and next season would be all too predictable.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 20:03   #8
Senior Member+

its a bit weird when we win e.g wrexham or against the daggers you all back the boss then soon as we have a poor performance like today the first thread and post is about coleman out! Colemans staying next year! End Of! If you dont like it , go support another team like burnley! Weve just stayed up and have another year in the football league! Whats everyones problem! Id rather be a stanley supporter than a wrexham or mansfield one next season! Yeh we could bring in a new manager but you all think they would take us up straight away! So if we get relegated or finish where we are next season are you all going to ask to sack the boss again!

Staying Up With Eric And John!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 20:34   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
its a bit weird when we win e.g wrexham or against the daggers you all back the boss
I think you need to read the forum more carefully.
Old 03-05-2008, 20:41   #10
God Member

Quote:
its a bit weird when we win e.g wrexham or against the daggers you all back the boss then soon as we have a poor performance like today the first thread and post is about coleman out! Colemans staying next year! End Of! If you dont like it , go support another team like burnley! Weve just stayed up and have another year in the football league! Whats everyones problem! Id rather be a stanley supporter than a wrexham or mansfield one next season! Yeh we could bring in a new manager but you all think they would take us up straight away! So if we get relegated or finish where we are next season are you all going to ask to sack the boss again!

Staying Up With Eric And John!
Whilst I Quietly applaud your blind faith in our managerI find myself asking if a certain section of our fans really cant see the wood for the trees? This season has been nothing short of abysmal. Dont even bother to troll out the usual tripe about finishing higher than last season as it wont wash anymore. Today I and many others said £13 of hard earned cash to watch a totally inept performance from a bunch of so called professional sportsmen who quite honestly would struggle to get into an accy combination team! We have a manager who is tacticaly inept a chairman who is stuck in the 18th century and a club that is falling apart around its own ears! All is not rosy in the stanley garden, it is high time that you and others woke up and sniffed the coffee, without change nothing will happen and we will forever be at the wrong end of the league table . We are nowhere near the team we should be let alone a league one side. Any other team would have sacked the manager months ago and now we have a ready replacement in Asa Hartford. Lets see what he can do;

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 20:56   #11
Senior Member+

I also think to myself how a certain section of fans are non stop moaners and very greedy indeed! Where miles off a league 1 club and side, so why exspect more!? Coleman is a quality manager and his record proves even if it is non league! Alot of the problems are because of money! Coleman really has no funds to buy good players because we dont have it! With good players you get good results and with good results you go up the table simple as! We have a few good players at stanley however they really wernt good this season! And thats the problem , not coley! The only thing i agree with colemans so called " bad tactics" is when craney was playing upfront but thats not worth a sacking!To stay in the football league each year is great as where a club every year that is topped to be relegated! I agree with you £13 to watch this today was not worth anyones money which is changed with the cheap season tickets.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 21:11   #12
God Member

Quote:
I also think to myself how a certain section of fans are non stop moaners and very greedy indeed! Where miles off a league 1 club and side, so why exspect more!? Coleman is a quality manager and his record proves even if it is non league! Alot of the problems are because of money! Coleman really has no funds to buy good players because we dont have it! With good players you get good results and with good results you go up the table simple as! We have a few good players at stanley however they really wernt good this season! And thats the problem , not coley! The only thing i agree with colemans so called " bad tactics" is when craney was playing upfront but thats not worth a sacking!To stay in the football league each year is great as where a club every year that is topped to be relegated! I agree with you £13 to watch this today was not worth anyones money which is changed with the cheap season tickets.
If you had read my post correctly, I said that 'we are not the team we should be LET ALONE a league one side', ergo WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THIS LEAGUE NEVER MIND LEAGUE 1.............and yes I know we've stayed up again this year, but only by the skin of our teeth. I also reserve my right to 'moan' as a paying customer, and I dont consider myself to be greedy just because I do!!

As for Coley being a proven manager, I beg to differ, well at this level anyway.

How you can defend His tactics this season is beyond my comprehension, the stats speak for themselves for gods sake man! He ( Coley) does the training, buys/brings in players, picks the team, and chooses the match tactics.................NOT the players, NOT the pitch, NOT anything or anyone else, but Coley, end of!

As for the cheap season tickets, well Im afraid I cant afford one, and if I could I would have to think twice about doing so on this seasons 'fare'.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 22:05   #13
Accy Red

I agree with the cowboy, I had to laugh today when the ultras where chanting "you can stick your accyweb up your arse", if you don't like what you read don't come on simple. Then what do they do start slagging off one of our players, so it's not ok to have a pop at Coleman but it is ok to have a pop at one of the players. To me that's double standards and I think you should just shut it.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 03-05-2008, 22:12   #14
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
ps. Who are United playing in the European Cup Final?
Are you refuelling at Munich before heading to Moscow??? Bitter who me !!!

Old 03-05-2008, 22:50   #15
Senior Member+

I think we also saw why McGivern hasn't been playing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..