Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008, 09:28   #61

Re: When saturday comes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Have a good day mate.. It will be an experience... people like to say they have been to Accrington Stanley... buggered if I know why

Wheres your forum BTW?
The Cowsheds - Tranmere Rovers Forum • Index page

mersey-paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-11-2008, 09:41   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

is it pretty new? theres nowt much on it.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:49   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
is it pretty new? theres nowt much on it.
Yer, unfortunately we lost our old one, which was a boss board.

To be fair though, it's not that quiet...
Old 07-11-2008, 10:41   #64
Senior Member+

I go back a long way with Tranmere. I have never seen them do anything but win.

I remember 1976/7 season at Prenton Park when they beat Sheffield Wednesday 1-0. Then 17, I was told to meet up with someone who looked like a well known cartoon character and I found the right person on the terrace straight off!

Just before 1979 election I witnessed Tranmere win 2-1 at Hillsborough where they tend to thrive - Russ Allen got one and John Thomas also scored. They won there on their last visit in 2005 and would have stuffed Sheffield Wednesday's play off chances if they hadn't won at Hull in their last away match.

Bit later I couldn't resist seeing Portsmouth go to Prenton Park for a Friday night league (!) game. The massive Portsmouth following had to be seen to be believed.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!

Last edited by Haggis316; 07-11-2008 at 10:44.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:53   #65

You cant beat friday night football, at Prenton Park. Thats what got me into them.

It's magical!
Old 07-11-2008, 15:11   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Aigburth??...I thought you were supposed to be some sort of hardened terrace warrior? Do you sit in the bistros on Lark Lane drinking cappuccinos and eating tapas .....
There's a certain overfamiliarity with that area of L'pool, Wyn.

....... and afterwards possibly a stroll along Otterspool promenade, as the sun glistens on the turds as they bob along on the Mersey, it fair takes me back.

Mersey-Paradise, you don't live in Quality Street by any chance?

BTW I was at Prenton when George Yardley scored against Coventry in a famous victory,
also there when Everton put them out in next round.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 15:37   #67
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
There's a certain overfamiliarity with that area of L'pool, Wyn.
I've come to know Liverpool and the Wirral quite well over the last 20 years, Oggy, because everytime one of Mrs H's friends or relatives comes over from Peru, the first place they want to see is the city where "Los Beatles" come from. As I've no interest in this particular beat combo, I just leave them to wander round the Beatles museum, Matthew St etc, while I have a mooch round various parts of the area ranging from Fort Perch Rock to the Philharmonic (especially the Philharmonic!)...and, although some may disagree with me, I really like the place and its inhabitants!
Old 07-11-2008, 16:09   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
...and, although some may disagree with me, I really like the place and its inhabitants!
heres one that does agree with ya wyn, spent many a happy friday night down "Scotty Rd" in my youth, great place, great people.
Old 07-11-2008, 18:01   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
I've come to know Liverpool and the Wirral quite well over the last 20 years, Oggy, because everytime one of Mrs H's friends or relatives comes over from Peru, the first place they want to see is the city where "Los Beatles" come from. As I've no interest in this particular beat combo, I just leave them to wander round the Beatles museum, Matthew St etc, while I have a mooch round various parts of the area ranging from Fort Perch Rock to the Philharmonic (especially the Philharmonic!)...and, although some may disagree with me, I really like the place and its inhabitants!

Alfred.E. says 'Have you actually forgotten and forgiven that urchin with the glass of milk already Wyn ???
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 19:51   #70
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
[/size][/font]

Alfred.E. says 'Have you actually forgotten and forgiven that urchin with the glass of milk already Wyn ???
Tell Alfred E. he's the exception that proves the rule!!
Old 07-11-2008, 21:15   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey-paradise View Post
Rumours around here, are that Tranmere fans will opt to join the home fans in the covered section of your ground. Hopefully not though.

If the weather is abit bleak, they are going to join you lot in the stands with cover.

With the amount expected to follow, this might be not be a good idea.

They should of made this tie all ticket for away fans.

From
a survey of all the available Weather Forecasts it seems that the Coppice End will definately be the place to be tomorrow afterneon ('afterneon'! ...got that one from Grimps ! God bless him. ). A mild and sunny afternoon will be awaiting our vistors from Merseyside and an opportunity to top-up those fading New Brighton tans !.
This should make for an enjoyable and successful afternoon for ALL the fans of both teams.

' ON STANLEY.........ON !!!!!!'
Old 07-11-2008, 22:26   #72
Super Moderator

All very well, Yonmon, but has Alfred managed to talk you into taking him to the Oak Lea for pre-match refreshments with Cashy and myself, plus the usual suspects!
Old 07-11-2008, 22:48   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
All very well, Yonmon, but has Alfred managed to talk you into taking him to the Oak Lea for pre-match refreshments with Cashy and myself, plus the usual suspects!
If you really want to have a pre match afternoon, we starting in the Calder at 12..........

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:56   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Barring some kind of Terrestrial Calamity, Domestic delays, or Divine Intervention ......as The Rembrandts remind us Wyn.....in their particlarly endearing style of
gentle 'Rock'.......

'
I'll be there for you ...Like I've been there before'.

(Alfred.E. says that Mariah Carey's sensual version is much better.......to Watch !!),
Old 08-11-2008, 07:23   #75
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
If you really want to have a pre match afternoon, we starting in the Calder at 12..........
Would love to, mate, but sadly domestic commitments prevent me. However, thanks for the invite and will say "ow do" in the Oaklea later.

Yonmon and Alfred, see you later!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..