Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2010, 21:25   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: www.wearestanley.co.uk

Glad ya could watch it mate, the makers of these shirts refused to send a rep to watchdog.
Old 01-06-2010, 21:35   #32

Probably too scared that Anne Robinson would have torn their arguments to pieces...

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 22:19   #33
Senior Member+

vast improvement over previous regime
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 22:24   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
vast improvement over previous regime
Yep one of the positive areas, without doubt.
Old 01-06-2010, 22:41   #35
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatso
It does seem odd that, to all intents and purposes, they're near enough the same price for a 6 year old's as an adults. Especially when you bear in mind that of the difference in the prices paid by the punter, most of that will be the government's cut; the VAT. (In that adult's clothes have VAT at 17.5%, whereas children's clothes are zero rated.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Adult shirt is £35.99 which is £30.63 with the VAT removed.
Junior shirt is £29.99 and zero VAT rated so the difference the club are charging in effect is 64p less for a kids shirt.

It does look like someone is ripping someone off somewhere.
How do the club justify 64p difference between the 2 shirts I wonder.

Maybe a club representative would like to explain how the 2 shirts only cost 64p difference to make?
Have you e-mailed Lew at the stanleystore to ask why ????????? be interested to know my self what the reply is
Old 01-06-2010, 22:55   #36

There appears to be little difference in price between the adult and junior sizes of the shirt it is based on and the embroidery, badges and logos will be the same for both shirts so i would expect the difference to be similar plus VAT on the Adult one.

Football Teamwear Shirts - Junior - Joma - Mundial -Black| Pro-Direct Soccer

Football Teamwear Shirts - Joma - Mundial -Black| Pro-Direct Soccer
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 17:19   #37
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Have you e-mailed Lew at the stanleystore to ask why ????????? be interested to know my self what the reply is
He answered me in a pm.
Old 02-06-2010, 17:25   #38
God Member

Unfortunatley childrens clothes can cost as much as adult clothes for a retailer to buy. We have certain baby hoodies which cost us £2 more than an adult one. Blame the manufacturers not the club. In actual fact Stanley shirts are cheap compared to most other clubs.
Old 02-06-2010, 20:22   #39
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

I spoke to lew today and he explained the pricing of the shirts to me!! Here gose what he said,well what i can remember.. Basically the cost per shirt is very similar but the problem lies in the embroidery, the machines run on templates and the stitching is severly difficult on the smaller sizes and is manually fed into the machine whereby a larger adult size is easier due the size of the stitching target. Thus we incur a heavier embroidery cost for junior shirts than adult ones. I know with having kids of my own that things an't cheap and as lancsdave said in his post kids stuff is sometimes dearer to buy than adults,i do think that we're getting replica shirts £4 or £5 pounds cheaper than at the start of last season think i payed £39.99 for my home shirt now its £35.99 we're cheaper than other football clubs for what they sell there replica shirts for
Old 08-06-2010, 17:26   #40

I tell you what... the current offer of 25% off kids replica shirts made it far too tempting to resist get one for little Maddie (I suppose I should update my avatar; that's her the day she was born! she's rather bigger now...!).

And the money saved on the shirt itself has been put to good use; paying for her name to go on the back!

I was going to get myself one as well, but I'm holding off on that in case one of the forthcoming offers is for adult shirts...

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 17:30   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
I tell you what... the current offer of 25% off kids replica shirts made it far too tempting to resist get one for little Maddie (I suppose I should update my avatar; that's her the day she was born! she's rather bigger now...!).

And the money saved on the shirt itself has been put to good use; paying for her name to go on the back!

I was going to get myself one as well, but I'm holding off on that in case one of the forthcoming offers is for adult shirts...
Good Man Proactive moves from both the Club and Customers, can only be positive for the future

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 18:41   #42
God Member

Smile Re: www.wearestanley.co.uk

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..