Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010, 15:42   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Wycombe game

Thanks for the updates Dan, hope we can get a draw here.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2010, 15:51   #32
Dan
Senior Member+

Four minutes added

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 15:54   #33
Senior Member+

get in you stanley boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 15:55   #34
Dan
Senior Member+

Stanley have taken a point - Boulding in the last minute!!!

FT 1-1

- Barry Davies

- Brian Moore
Old 04-09-2010, 15:56   #35
Senior Member+

does it feel like a win Dan, or do we still miss a 20 goal a season striker?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 15:59   #36
Senior Member+

Phew!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 15:59   #37
Dan
Senior Member+

Stanley have taken a point - Boulding in the last minute!!!

FT 1-1

- Barry Davies

- Brian Moore
Old 04-09-2010, 16:00   #38
Resting in Peace

Phewwwwwww close one, still unbeaten though
Old 04-09-2010, 16:21   #39

A well earned point, inspired double subtitution by JC. I thought Ryan was Mom. Stanley need to work on set pieces. Inpecable silence for Coxy, all in all a good afternoons enjoyment
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 16:31   #40
God Member

A tough game today against a team who will be there or there abouts, missed Putterill through midfield and his passing and willingness to take on the back four.

Was an open & enjoyable game where Stanley perhaps had the lions share of the game but Wycombe probably had the better chances, Winnard looked a little exposed at times with Gareth Ainsworth running at him first half.

To answer Davo's question yes I still think we are probably just missing a genuine target man to hold the play up and bring players into play more maybe Gornell will be that when he has a few more games under his belt and gets used to the Stanley system.

Where the mom came from I am not sure maybe they were watching a re-run of the Macc game?

I would still like to see us using a little bit more down than channels and taking defenders on but hey Rome was not built in a day.

It's another point and keeps the unbeaten run going

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 16:46   #41
Resting in Peace

That boy Chris Turner makes full backs look quite silly. One searching cross to get his eye in, then a cracker for the goal. What I like about him is that he delivers the ball with pace, not looping through the air like someone else I could mention, giving the defenders an easy time (or putting it straight along the floor to their first man!).
M.O.M.? Unbelievable.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 16:47   #42
God Member

Playing what is essentially a 4-5-1 at home (without an accomplished target man in the squad) is never going to get us enough goals. Away from home the formation and subsequent draws will be useful, but we need to score more at home and for that we need to play two or three up front.

Thought Winnard had a nightmare today, Bateson not much better but looked lively. We really did suffer from Putterill's absence with his incisive passing and high-pressure game being sorely missed.

Wycombe certainly won the physical battle against our young and small side, but offered little in forward play. The referee was pretty poor and should've made more of an effort to locate his cards. Overall, we were wasteful in front of goal and didn't play anywhere near our top levels. Would expect some to lose their spot for the next game.

A fair draw all in all, but we must learn from faults of this game to move forward.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 17:03   #43
Senior Member+

Looking at the table, shutters up will be fine for the next two away games (Torquay and Vale) but the next two homes (Lincoln and Gills) we need to win well - and we will!

On Stanley On!
Old 04-09-2010, 17:19   #44

"That boy Chris Turner makes full backs look quite silly. One searching cross to get his eye in, then a cracker for the goal. What I like about him is that he delivers the ball with pace, not looping through the air like someone else I could mention, giving the defenders an easy time (or putting it straight along the floor to their first man!)."

He certainly made a big impact in the game. Bout time for a start I would say. Much more attacking when he came on and great balls into the box.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 17:21   #45
Senior Member+

Well a draw probably a fair result against a good Wycombe side.

Agreed with the MOM comments, who was watching the game?!?!?

Thought Ryan was ace, again.... unlucky with a couple of strikes at goal, that freekick was abit poor mind.

Subs changed the game yet again..... Great to see Coley get them right..... Pleased for Boulding with his 1st ever Senior goal..... Turner MUST be give more game time (how many times have we said that mind)

Happy with a point, and a great tribute all game for Coxy.

Gutted im missing Torquay
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..